Thread: golden tree

Real Name
    pinaki

golden tree

Hi.I am pinaki.I am sending one pic.I took this in Darjeeling

Real Name
    pinaki

Re: golden tree

pic taken at Darjeeling.Camera NikonD60.

goldentree.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donald; 27th April 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Image inserted inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Pinaki - As you can see, I have put the link to your image into your post so that it appears larger than just a thumbnail.

However, you have only posted it at 499 pixels on the longest side. For that reason we see it still quite small. It would be much better if you posted it at a larger size.

Did you shoot this as a RAW file or have you got your camera set to take small or medium sized JPGs? If the latter, I would strongly urge you to think about changing.

I think a major problem with this image is the inclusion of the date information. that destroys the image and I would urge you to change your camera settings to remove that being applied to your files.

Real Name
    pinaki

Thanks Donald for your suggestion.Actually i am having problem with uploading a pic.My camera is set in large jpg fine mode so the file size was very large.What is the limit of file size for uplaoding?How can i calculate it?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Pinaki

First of all - What kind of camera are you using? Is it capable shooting RAW images in addition to JPG? If you are able to shoot in RAW, I would certainly encourage you to set a goal of changing to that.

Shooting in RAW does, of course, require you to then have software that can process the file. This is the equivalent of working in a darkroom in the days of film development and printing. But it gives you total control over the image. At the moment, your camera is making decisions for you.

But that is not the real question you are asking.

The size of pictures processed and posted onto a site such as this is expressed in pixels. So, for example, for an image such as users I would have set that at 1024 pixels on the top and bottom edges. If the picture had been in portrait orientation. i.e. longer at the sides, then I would have set those at 1024 pixels. When you do this on software that allows you to adjust the size, then the other measurement (on the shorter edges) will be adjusted automatically.

Did you reduce the size of the picture you have posted on here? Was it a bigger file size when you uploaded it from your camera to your computer? Do you know what that size was?

What we need to do is establish the size of the files that are coming out of your camera. Somewhere, it will state this in the form of xxxx pixels x yyyy pixels. I am assuming that the file size is quite a bit larger than 1024 pixels. Once we know that, it is then a case of establishing how you can reduce the size down to one which will be suitable fro posting on here. You need to check how to do that on the software that you have.

I hope this helps.

Real Name
    pinaki

Reloading the pic after correction.golden tree