Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Raw

Real Name
    Doug

Raw

Today was the first time i shot in raw. now i need some help, cant down load them on to sites what too do?

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: Raw

Hey Doug. RAW files need to be processed in some form of post processing program, such as ACR, or the software that came with your camera (I know Canon includes it, not sure of the others). These programs will allow you to edit them, to whichever extent you choose (because you probably wouldn't want to share RAW images without a little pp anyways!), and them save them as jpeg files, or other files that can be used online.

Does that help you out at all?

Real Name
    Doug

Thank you

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi Doug, further to Andrew's advice, I would suggest you read some of the post processing tutorials on CiC including the one on RAW processing. https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/ph...-tutorials.htm

Please remember that when you shoot jpeg, the camera does a fair bit of the basic processing for you but with RAW it's all in your hands. This is good for someone who knows what they are doing but until you are proficient with RAW processing you might consider shooting both RAW and jpeg (if your camera allows that). The un-processed RAW files can look a bit "ordinary" until they are processed with capture sharpening and lighting adjustment etc.

Dave

Real Name
    Doug

thanks dave