Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Another End To the Day

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Another End To the Day

I took this a few days ago and am in two minds of wether its a keeper. Your thoughts please!

Another End To the Day

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Another End To the Day

I'm afraid this one doesn't light my fire, Wayne. I would describe it as 'close, but not quite there'.

I think the breakwater and that pole at the end of it just don't do anything for the image. I feel that if they weren't there and those outcrops sticking into the frame at the middle left, were not there, you would have a better image; i.e. leaving the rocks in the foreground (upon which there is nice reflected light) and the sunset.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Wayne,

If you do do some work on this, don't forget to look at applying some slight anti-clockwise rotation, possibly combined with some correction for barrel distortion. I am looking at the sea beyond the breakwater when I say this, I appreciate the right hand side rocks curve around too.

Donald's assessment of the basic composition is sound.

Try a crop of the bottom and right edge, Wayne. I suspect that reducing those dark out of focus foreground rocks will concentrate more on the sky light.

Don't crop too much though, I would try leaving as much space below the left hand rock as there currently is on the left side of it.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Thanks all, I will take a better shot and leave this one I think. We get plenty of great sunset scenes here so it is easy to be a bit fussy. Good feedback.