Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On the bridge

Real Name
    Zhiyong Wang

On the bridge

Does it seem that the girl is watching the cloud in the sky? I like the atmosphere.
    However, actually, she is looking at the photographer in front of her...

On the bridge
    Last edited by kakaka; 23rd April 2012 at 05:57 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: On the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by kakaka View Post
    Does it seem that the girl is watching the cloud in the sky? I like the atmosphere.
    However, actually, she is looking at the photographer in front of her...
    Yes, it could be taken that she is looking away and that it's her back we are seeing. The difficulty is that her face is fully in shade and we can see no detail. I think the idea of using the umbrella in the image is very good, but there needed, I think, to be some way of throwing some light up onto her face.

But I do like the idea of the image very much. It is an excellent idea for photographing such a bridge and, for me, really works as a composition.

Real Name
    Zhiyong Wang

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yes, it could be taken that she is looking away and that it's her back we are seeing. The difficulty is that her face is fully in shade and we can see no detail. I think the idea of using the umbrella in the image is very good, but there needed, I think, to be some way of throwing some light up onto her face.

But I do like the idea of the image very much. It is an excellent idea for photographing such a bridge and, for me, really works as a composition.
    Thank you for your helpful comments Donald.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Most definitely, Zhiyong!

The girl adds a nice 'human element', the pink umbrella grabs attention, and both add a needed sense of scale to the structure.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 24th April 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

I love the angle and composition. What a great bridge to photograph and the purple umbrella really throws some colour into it. To me it looks like the girl is looking away from the camera which works well so no need to put light on her, its an umbrella after all to shade her from the sun. I think thee are more great pictures to be taken here and would love to see some dawn and dusk images.

Real Name
    Jason

Well done shot kakaka. I think the shadow at the bottom right corner is a little distracting.

On the bridge

I'm not the best at doing this and I am sure someone can correct my technique. That said I do like it better without the shadow.

-Jason

Real Name
    Zhiyong Wang

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post
    Well done shot kakaka. I think the shadow at the bottom right corner is a little distracting.

On the bridge

I'm not the best at doing this and I am sure someone can correct my technique. That said I do like it better without the shadow.

-Jason

Thanks, Jason. It looks much better! It's a good idea to remove the shadow.

Real Name
    Zhiyong Wang

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Most definitely, Zhiyong!

The girl adds a nice 'human element', the pick umbrella grabs attention, and both add a needed sense of scale to the structure.
    Thanks for your comments, Frank.

Real Name
    Zhiyong Wang

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    I love the angle and composition. What a great bridge to photograph and the purple umbrella really throws some colour into it. To me it looks like the girl is looking away from the camera which works well so no need to put light on her, its an umbrella after all to shade her from the sun. I think thee are more great pictures to be taken here and would love to see some dawn and dusk images.
    Thanks, Wayne. This is a beautiful place at sunset time. But I don't have a satisfactory image.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by kakaka View Post
    Thanks, Wayne. This is a beautiful place at sunset time. But I don't have a satisfactory image.
    Not yet anyway, keep going there, the colours will be interesting when the rocks glow. I'll look forward to seeing it if you get one you like.