Souvenir from Scotland

Donald,
    Does this remind you of some place ?
    Gpzt, alias Guy

Souvenir from Scotland

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Souvenir from Scotland

Guy - Go about 1.5km down the road (i.e. to the right as we look at it) from where you took this picture and that is where I was born and grew up. I can draw that outline of 'The Ben' with my eyes closed.

For those not aware, that is Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK.

When we were kids we used to leave home early in the morning and walk up those hills to the foot of the rock face. There is a lovely deep, ice cold pool in the stream that flows down, just over the top of that first hill now covered in trees. We used to go 'skinny-dipping' in it.

Real Name
    Guy Poizat

Re: Souvenir from Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Guy - Go about 1.5km down the road (i.e. to the right as we look at it) from where you took this picture and that is where I was born and grew up. I can draw that outline of 'The Ben' with my eyes closed.

For those not aware, that is Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK.

When we were kids we used to leave home early in the morning and walk up those hills to the foot of the rock face. There is a lovely deep, ice cold pool in the stream that flows down, just over the top of that first hill now covered in trees. We used to go 'skinny-dipping' in it.
    Donald,
    I KNEW that this pic must have been taken very close to your birthplace ! My wife and I made a wonderful trip to Scotland in 1996( some 1800 kms). We took the ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull, then drove all over Scotland anti-clockwise and ended our voyage through the Lake District and back to Hull. It is during those holidays in June ( fair weather during the whole fortnight !)
    that I discovered the virtues of " Highland Park" among others...
    With my best regards,
    Guy