Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Golden Hour

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

The Golden Hour

This was taken early in the morning by the lake close to our house.
    C&C are always welcome.

Updated Version:
    The Golden Hour
    Last edited by Crovean; 22nd April 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added the updated version.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: The Golden Hour

Chris for me you nailed it, can't even find any dusk bunnies.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I agree with Allan that it is a super image.

I think it's been well exposed. It would have been easy to go even faster on the shutter and throw the trees and the boat fully to black. But you've not done that. You've let that area of reflection really blow out - and that's fine, I think

The one part of it that, for me, doesn't really help it are those speckles of sunlight on the water coming towards us from that main area of reflection that the boat is running through. My feeling was that some time invested in cloning most of them out might be worth trying. Just a thought.

Real Name
    Nigel

Lovely picture Chris. I really like the warm tones. Good exposure as well. The only thing I might be tempted to try is to make it a 'letterbox' rectangle size and lose the bottom third of the picture. However, that would just be for an experiment: the picture is great just as it is.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Chriss,

Looks good to me too, but I would be tempted to see how it looks with the clarity & recovery maxed out to coax some better definition out of the clouds & give some more contrast around the extreme highlights. And perhaps a quick crop & sharpen?

The Golden Hour

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Chriss,

Looks good to me too, but I would be tempted to see how it looks with the clarity & recovery maxed out to coax some better definition out of the clouds & give some more contrast around the extreme highlights. And perhaps a quick crop & sharpen?

The Golden Hour
    Love the Crop Colin! Nigel's letterbox suggestion nailed it. I still need to work on my details, Colin has the eye for for it and you can tell the difference when he sharpened that image, add the crop, and give a tad of contrast.

Donald: at first I was actually tempted to do a portrait form to show more speckles & another reflection of the sun but after doing it didn't really liked it hehehe.

Thanks Guys!