Thread: And you can get trucked as well...

Real Name
    Ken Outch

And you can get trucked as well...

Okay this was an experiment to see how I would go. Set myself up on a slope a couple of evenings ago near the freeway with a 300mm lens on a tripod to see if I could freeze the action. Used time setting with speeds around 1/400th sec. So, any comments on how I went in this and catching effect of setting sun?
    Okay, the trucks were all registered. Plates have been PS'ed out to protect privacy and the innocent( namely me! ) and a word of caution on this. One shot, which was immediately deleted, when blown up on screen to do this clearly showed the driver of the rig using a mobile phone! Could have created some embarrassment if posted. I tried having Mrs ucci run up alongside the trucks to tap on the window and get a signed modelling release. Didn't work. She's getting too old, I am afraid. She just couldn't catch them, let along keep up with them. Just can't get good help these days.
    Thanks for viewing

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: And you can get trucked as well...

In terms of the setting sun, I think the first in the set works better than the others. I think the colour looks better, but more importantly the light gives more of that thing I call 'brushing' the trees, rather than flooding or bathing them in light. I know that maybe doesn't make sense, but I know what I mean.

And as for Mrs ucci, I really feel she has got to work harder to support your hobbies and interests!

Just one thought, Ken. Is it possible to slightly blur the front wheels? At the moment they rather look like the lorries could be stationary.

A drawback of a faster shutter speed I'm afraid.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Just one thought, Ken. Is it possible to slightly blur the front wheels? At the moment they rather look like the lorries could be stationary.

Thanks for comment. Yes I guess so. And I will try this. However I was trying for this freeze effect as it was an experiment in trying to freeze motion for catching small finches on the wing.And big trucks seemed easier to practice on than these small fry.
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    In terms of the setting sun, I think the first in the set works better than the others. I think the colour looks better, but more importantly the light gives more of that thing I call 'brushing' the trees, rather than flooding or bathing them in light. I know that maybe doesn't make sense, but I know what I mean.

And as for Mrs ucci, I really feel she has got to work harder to support your hobbies and interests!
    I don't quite understand how to explain it technically either. But I reckon I know what you mean; sort of a gentle, sweeping side lighting of the trees rather than a strong back lit effect

Mrs Ucci read these posts. Unfortunately. But its okay. The bruises will eventually fade, and if I wear a long sleeved shirt in the meantime, they won't be visible. My own fault though. I have encouraged her to do too much pick, shovel and crow bar work around the place. So she has been in training and can now deliver a pretty hefty punch!
    Thanks for helpful comment.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post

Hi Geoff
    Is this any better? I selected wheels and applied some motion blur filter.
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Is this any better?
    Definitely, I think. That makes an amazing difference.

Something else to try, Ken, is that in this sort of situation I have successfully blurred with a Blur Tool in a circular motion. Although I'm not sure if it would make any difference here.