Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Hike

Real Name
    Bobo

The Hike

Taken during a recent hike.

Comments good or bad always welcomed and appreciated.

1. Emerging banana leaf - smile.
    The Hike

2. How the leaf got into the barbed wire is a mystery. It was a couple of feet down a very steep slope so doubt if anyone had actually stuck it in there.
    The Hike

3. This one was pretty interesting as someone had carved inscriptions in most of the lower parts of each bamboo. No idea what was written.
    The Hike

4. The lush slope in the distance was just too nice looking not to take a shot of it. Doubt if the composition is doing it much justice considering my sucky landscape skills.
    The Hike

Re: The Hike

My Chinese isn't very good Bobo, but I think the lettering says 'Warning - Keep clear these bamboos are poisonous'.

With that leaf in the wire, I suspect there was a slight gap between the strands close to the barbs and the wind exactly positioned a falling leaf. And considering the number of leaves on an average tree the statistics are probably similar to winning a lottery, but someone always does.

Certainly an interesting image though, and with pleasing colour.

You have plenty of colour in the last one but the trouble with many shots like this is simply that you are converting a three dimensional scene into a two dimensional photo. So unless there are suitably placed objects it always tends to look a bit 'flat'.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: The Hike

Hehe, no bamboo is not poisonous.
    But that particular trail has some crazy person frequenting it. Not sure about now but a couple of years ago dogs used to die for unknown reasons after walking around these parts. Latter it was found that someone was putting down poisoned food. They never caught him but owners now always have the dogs on leash.

The last one - the only thing available was the tree on the right. One day I will get it right!