Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old Shed

Real Name
    Paul

Old Shed

This is an old farmstead near my home. The barn and outbuilding are run-down since it is no longer an active farm. I took a number of shots and like this one best. It would probably make a good B&W and I may try that sometime.

Paul S

Old Shed

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Old Shed

Quote Originally Posted by PRSearls View Post
    It would probably make a good B&W and I may try that sometime.
    Although the tones created by the sunlight on the leaves and the timber on the barn are quite similar. Probably need to do a bit of work with filter effects and brightness sliders to make the barn stand out from the trees. I think that in this particular instance, the colour version is maybe going to work better.

But what a wonderful subject and location. If there are other buildings around there in a similar state of repair, then you could spend weeks there. A whole documentary series about an abandoned farm

Real Name
    Paul

Thank you, Donald. I appreciate your comments. The farm buildings are apparently abandoned but the farmhouse is occupied (probably rental property). Many of these farm structures are quickly disappearing from the American landscape as they are obsolete and cannot be adapted to the needs of modern agriculture.

Paul S

Real Name
    John

Hi Paul,
    I love these old buildings. The fact they are disappearing very quickly now, from all areas; make the recording of such buildings all the more important.
    Very nice shot & a good record for the future, just in case it is pulled down and disappears forever.
    Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    Anne

Beautiful shot Paul ... and I like it in colour