Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bridges of Seward County . . . and other things . . .

Real Name
    Kathy

Bridges of Seward County . . . and other things . . .

Here are a few photo's of my day driving around Seward County here in Nebraska. Comments are welcome!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Bridges of Seward County . . . and other things . . .

Nice to see your posts' Kathy, I will start with the third, I believe there is too much apple tree, like the colour of the barn and silo, maybe closer under and beside that tree. The two of the bridge I believe you have maxed out the width of your camera as you have dark corners. I like the low angle of the second image, the first one is really not working for me. That said you have some lovely rust on that bridge so maybe instead of the big shot how about up close and personnel with that steel and rust. The last one of the apple ,blossoms that is not really my thing but I like them.

Cheers:

Allan
    Last edited by Polar01; 11th April 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    Kathy

Hey Allan,

Thanks for the comments, they sure are appreciated!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

What I really like here is the imagination that has gone into the compositions of teh first bridge shot and the one of the buildings behind the tree. As Allanm has suggested, I wonder if there was a slightly better angle on the third one so that the buildings were more prominant and maybe not so 'lost' as they are behind the tree. I would describe that one as just 'almost ...'. I think the idea is brilliant. It maybe just needs a bit more studying to get the right composition?

The only blot on the first one is, for me, the roof that barn sticking up behind the trees. I love the angle and position from which the shot was taken. You seem to have got down nice and low. You've put yourself in the perfect position to make the best use of the curve of the edge of the road coming round and out of the frame. The lighting suits the scene very well.

There are a couple of twigs creeping in against the sky on the right hand side. I'd clone them out.

I don't think the other two come up to the standard of the two I've mentioned. They're fine. It's just that I don't feel there is anything 'stand out' about them. But work on getting rid of the barn and that first one is a very good image.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What I really like here is the imagination that has gone into the compositions of teh first bridge shot and the one of the buildings behind the tree. As Allanm has suggested, I wonder if there was a slightly better angle on the third one so that the buildings were more prominant and maybe not so 'lost' as they are behind the tree. I would describe that one as just 'almost ...'. I think the idea is brilliant. It maybe just needs a bit more studying to get the right composition?

The only blot on the first one is, for me, the roof that barn sticking up behind the trees. I love the angle and position from which the shot was taken. You seem to have got down nice and low. You've put yourself in the perfect position to make the best use of the curve of the edge of the road coming round and out of the frame. The lighting suits the scene very well.

There are a couple of twigs creeping in against the sky on the right hand side. I'd clone them out.

I don't think the other two come up to the standard of the two I've mentioned. They're fine. It's just that I don't feel there is anything 'stand out' about them. But work on getting rid of the barn and that first one is a very good image.
    Thanks for the comments Donald!!
    On the third photo (the buildings behind the tree) the shot really intrigued me like there was a secret to be found (sounds silly I know) I really wanted to get closer and shoot several different angles just for experimentation and practice but there were several "No Trespassing" signs posted so I shot from the country road, didn't think I should chance getting caught for trespassing! I would like to go back there with permission, I think there are several fun photos there waiting to be taken Thanks again for the comments and advice I appreciate it very much!

Kathy