Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I am full of Question today!

I am full of Question today!

I recieved a free licensed version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 with the purchase of some hardware.

I already have LR3 and LR4 on the way it was also a free upgrade. I have Nik software complete to go along with LR3/LR4.

My question is "Would Elements 10 benfit my workflow in any way?" and How so? Please remember I am new at this sort of stuff and I have no knowledge of Elements 10 or what it's usefulness to me would be. I just don't want to clutter up my computer with things I don't need. Thanks for any info you can give.

Real Name
    Alexander Rose

Re: I am full of Question today!

Carl,
    LR and PS are quite different things.

Imagine Lightroom like a digital darkroom, as the name suggests.
    You develop your pictures here, change a few settings such as exposure and colors and go for it.

Photoshop is serious image manipulation, photomontage, layering and so much more.
    I usually use PS on about 1/10th of my photos but when I do, LR couldn't do the job I want to achieve.
    Oh, and if you do portraits, you'll probably use PS a lot.

Hope that helped.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Carl stay with LR to do as Alexander states, download and do your work there, then move to PSE 10 to do those things that LR can not do, layers' and masks. As you read some of the comments you will see that a lot of members use LR for most of the work, then move to PSE of do those final edits. Those who use PS CS5 will do every thing there, so yes PSE 10 will help your workflow once you add it when you need it.

Cheers:

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Carl stay with LR to do as Alexander states, download and do your work there, then move to PSE 10 to do those things that LR can not do, layers' and masks. As you read some of the comments you will see that a lot of members use LR for most of the work, then move to PSE of do those final edits. Those who use PS CS5 will do every thing there, so yes PSE 10 will help your workflow once you add it when you need it.

Cheers:

Allan
    Thanks Alexander Rose and Allan,

Looks like I will have some more tutorials in my near future. I had little thoughts on how much could be involved with photography at this level....lol