Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: waterfall

Real Name
    Ali

waterfall

Hi i took these photos from the same waterfall and i don't know if my composition is right or wrong so tell me what is wrong and what is right thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Darren

Re: waterfall

Hi Ali,

I like the second photo in color. Are you looking for comments & criticism? (C&C) Regarding composition, my personal opinion is that there is no right or wrong. However, there are some general rules that can help make an image more appealing. Cambridge in Color has some good tutorial on composition. Thought it appears two of the links are disabled at the moment.

My opinion on the colored photo is that is it composed well. The waterfall appears to be on the left upper third intersection and the water stream leads the eye up and down the image. I like this one best.

Welcome to CiC!

Real Name
    Ali

thanks darren actually i take photograph for almost 4 years now and about a week ago i found this site and i use this trainings for my shots now and also i study more books about photography and lenses ect... thanks for your comment i will do my best to take great pictures. thanks for your opinion.

Real Name
    Nigel

Hi Ali,
    I like both of these images. Good composition but the waterfall on the B&W one leads your eye up to a patch of white sky. That sky, on my monitor, looks a bit blown out?