Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: portrait

Real Name
    Ali

portrait

hi about a week ago i took some photos from my friends and since i'm new to portraiture and portraiture lighting u can help me with your comments thanks

(i wanted to set a dramatic mood in my shots.
    i told my models to think about your past. your mistakes. and i want my shots to express this feels, what to do with my future?
    is there any hope? how much time do i have to change my future? and i also kinda light the watch to for this shots. as for those two face portraits i just want to show a dramatic face... . sorry for the grammer mistakes if you see one)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ali Arabzadeh; 10th April 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: portrait

Ali

I am not a portrait photographer, so am not well qualified to provide constructive criticism.

However, I do think you have created some interesting light in these portraits. It would be helpful to know your own thoughts, particularly what it was you wanted to achieve with these pictures. What effect/ mood did you wish to create? Do the final images match what your intentions were?

On the question of posting your images into your messages, it would be much more helpful if they were embedded within your message rather than appearing as thumbnails. If you haven't already done so, please do read the help thread on the subject of 'How do i post images ...' which you can access via the 'HELP/Rules tab on the menu bar above.

Real Name
    Ali

thanks donald for the instructions. well i wanted to set a dramatic mood in my shots.
    i told my models to think about your past. your mistakes. and i want my shots to express this feels, what to do with my future?
    is there any hope? how much time do i have to change my future? and i also kinda light the watch to for this shots. as for those two face portraits i just want to show a dramatic face... . sorry for the grammer mistakes if you see one

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

It is my view that you have achieved your objective very well.

I think the one thing that all the portrait photographers on here is the need to always be thinking about the background. In the first and fourth images you have obviously set the man in a room with various belongings and pieces of furniture around him. I think you need to be aware of whether such objects cause distraction and interfere with the scene that you wish to portray, or how they can add to the mood and atmosphere.

Real Name
    Ali

well actually i do that on purpose i set my lights in the room the room itself has a charecter. i writing a screenplay and it's about a boy who don't know what to do with his life and he lock himself in his room.. .