Thread: Underwater Macros

Real Name
    Karl

Underwater Macros

Been a bit busy of late and haven't had a chance to put up some photos - anyway here a couple from my recent dives.

All taken with my Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110A strobes and a +3 macro wet lens attached to the front of the housing.

Comments welcomed

Karl

Cardinal fish with a hitch hiker (an Isopod with algea)

Underwater Macros

Seahorse

Underwater Macros

Chromodoris reticulata nudibranch

Underwater Macros

Here is lookng at you

Underwater Macros

Au unidentified nudibranch

Underwater Macros

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Underwater Macros

More superb images Karl.

By the way, have you hooked up with Mal (Goldcoastgolfer) yet? He's posting underwater image sin his Project 52 thread.

Real Name
    Bobo

Super shots Karl, beer on the way.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    More superb images Karl.

By the way, have you hooked up with Mal (Goldcoastgolfer) yet? He's posting underwater image sin his Project 52 thread.
    Karl was helping me with my selection of camera... and is well progressed in underwater photography AND diving compared to where I'm at

Great shots Karl - especially now that I can appreciate the challenges of underwater photography much better now The Cardinal and the Chromodoris Reticulata Nudibranch (I'm gonna have to get better at identifying fish I think) are my favourites here - great composition and perspective.

The others of course are great photos too but have a flatter feel for me compared to your first and third photo.

Out of curiosity, are you firing with one or both strobes when you've taken these shots?

Real Name
    John

Hi Karl,
    I have only had the opportunity to dive once in my life; which was off the coast of Gran Canaria back in 2001 and I loved it. Once back in the UK I was going to train and get the full PADA licence. Then came the bombshell, I was diagnosed with some 'boring' medical conditions; which I won't bore you with, that have stopped me for ever diving again.
    Why you may be asking do I mention this? Well When people like you (and Mal) dive and bring back these fabulous pictures, I wanted you to know how much they mean to me. I can sit here and enjoy the beautiful underwater world, which I cannot see for myself now any other way.
    Great shots, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by JPS; 8th April 2012 at 10:28 PM.

Real Name
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    More superb images Karl.

Not as yet as we are approx 4000km a part but I have given Mal some advice and am always willing to help.

Thanks for the comments

Karl

Real Name
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    Karl was helping me with my selection of camera... and is well progressed in underwater photography AND diving compared to where I'm at

Out of curiosity, are you firing with one or both strobes when you've taken these shots?
    Hi Mal - I use both strobes when I take my photos. I usually set my F Stop and shutter speed and then play with the strobes power to give me the ligthing effect I want.

Karl

Real Name
    Karl

John - always happy when people who can't dive see my photos and like them (as well as everyone elses underwater photos). It helps to make evryone aware of what is underwater and why we must take steps to protect what we have.

Karl