Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Royal Lipizzan Stallions...Training Session

Real Name
    Joe

Royal Lipizzan Stallions...Training Session

Herrmann's Lipizzan Stallions when not touring are stabled in Myakka City, Florida. The origin of the stallions dates back to the 16th century, they were the pride of the Hapsburg Empire. During the Second World War they were rescued by General George Patten from the advance of Russia. Only a few hundred have ever existed at one time. C&C appreciated.

The Levade...the horse rises from a standstill position and tucks his forelegs while maintaining a 45 degree angle.

The Courbette...the horse does several jumps while holding it forlegs off the ground.

Beauty in motion...

Take a bow....

The mares...

Real Name
    Louise

Re: Royal Lipizzan Stallions...Training Session

They are beatifull animals, and have good riders from the little I know of horses. The Levade and take a bow are my favorite.Nice action pictures.I notice green dots on the horses rumps near the spine, do they mean something?

Real Name
    Richard

Very nice images of some gorgeous horses. I wish, however, that the background could be a bit more OOF or blurred through post processing...

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

OMG! Talking about flash back here!
    I visited the Vienna stables eons ago while I was still in High School (quite a few times actually), and had the privilege of riding some of the stallions.
    They're the most amazing horses in the world!

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wlou View Post
    They are beatifull animals, and have good riders from the little I know of horses. The Levade and take a bow are my favorite.Nice action pictures.I notice green dots on the horses rumps near the spine, do they mean something?
    Yes the green was actually green shamrocks that was painted on before the performance for St. Patrick' Day. Very observant Louise...thank you for viewing and commenting.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Very nice images of some gorgeous horses. I wish, however, that the background could be a bit more OOF or blurred through post processing...
    Thanks for viewing and commenting Richard. I have only begun post processing, I shall work on the background. I wish the other bleachers had not been a background.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    OMG! Talking about flash back here!
    I visited the Vienna stables eons ago while I was still in High School (quite a few times actually), and had the privilege of riding some of the stallions.
    They're the most amazing horses in the world!
    I am pleased that the post brought you pleasure Kristianna. I think they are amazing also, this was the first time I had the pleasure of viewing them. My wife and I wanted to go visit her brother and wife who winter in Florida...Myakka City where the stables are was about half way...so we took advantage of it being on the way. Thank you again for viewing and commenting.