Thread: elizabeth bridge

Real Name
    laurentiu

elizabeth bridge

Budapest, Hungary
    35mm, f18, 2.5sec

elizabeth-bridge-budapest00001.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 25th June 2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: add image inline

Re: elizabeth bridge

Hi [insert name here]

I really like this photo. The lights on the bridge look great as nothing seems to have really blown out. I'm a huge fan of night photography and spend most of my time shooting at night myself. I have recently been introduced to cropping to non-standard sizes and I quite liked a 4x7 crop for this image. If you crop the image (and possibly clone out those railings on the right side of the photo), it looks as thought it wasn't taken off a wharf, plus keeps the focus on the bridge. The poles are distracting (to my eye anyway) and if removed, would probably add to the photo.

I have attached my version of the image to this post. By the way, you can add the image to your current post by clicking the image button (if you hover your mouse cursor over the toolbar items, the button's function description will pop up after a few seconds) in the toolbar when posting/editing. You need to copy and paste the direct link to the full size image (by enlarging from the thumbnails or right clicking the attachment when posting and clicking "Copy Link Location" or whatever similar menu item your browser has) - in this case, it would be https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/fo...7&d=1245934450.

Here is my attempt at a crop of this photo.
    elizabeth-bridge-budapest00001-1-.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi reciclatoru,

nice choice of subject and good photo- particularly like the overall tone and subtle reflections in the water.

This is actually the Széchenyi Chain Bridge, the Elizabeth bridge is the next one downstream and not nearly as photogenic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erzs%C3%A9bet_Bridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sz%C3%A...i_Chain_Bridge

rakfa

nice pic...the original uncropped pic is better...

For some reason, Dan's crop seems to make the bridge shorter!

Maybe a slight crop half way between this and the original might be worth a look, but I'm not sure.

Certainly a good crisp image. But my only question is 'How did you manage to stop the traffic'?

Real Name
    laurentiu

rafka is absolutely right... this is erzebeth bridge...
    sorry, mea culpa...
    thank you all for your opinions...

Real Name
    laurentiu

@ geoff
    i didn't stop it...
    it was february, middle of the week, after midnight...for some reasons they were at home maybe???...
    anyway, from what i remember from this angle you can't see the lights of the cars...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Rakfa and Reciclatoru,

Yes, these bridges are quite photogenic - here's it's "baby brother" Marlow suspension bridge in England (near me if you hadn't guessed).

For what its worth, I think I'd crop somewhere between the original and Dan's.

Good exposure and white balance, and a nice noise free image, well done reciclatoru.