Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon 450D + Sigma 18-200mm

Real Name
    Farhan R. Naqvi

Canon 450D + Sigma 18-200mm

Hello all,

I recently used the combination of Canon 450D with Sigma 18-200mm lens. It a good combination but the problem I've noticed, my camera doesn't auto focus on live view mode . It only works if live view is off.

Is this a fault or nature of the camera.... please explain.

Thanks,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Canon 450D + Sigma 18-200mm

Hello and welcome to CiC.

First up - So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

As to your question - I don't know the 450D at all. But what does the user manual say? If you don't have one, then click here for an online copy. Go to page 102 of that and you will see the directions for setting up AF for Live View shooting. At the moment, you probably have that set to 'Disable'.

Real Name
    Farhan R. Naqvi

Thanks Donald,

And sorry for the name, admin doesn't allow to change/edit my profile name. Anyway here is my brief intro, my name is Farhan R. Naqvi, I live in Lahore - Pakistan. You can check my other details from
    www.behance.net/farhanrazanaqvi
    www.panoramio.com/user/221285

Thank you so much,
    Farhan R. Naqvi

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Also Farhan, bear in mind that in Live View Mode, the auto focus system works differently and is much slower. I find on my 600D with a Sigma 17-70mm lens, that it hunts around for a few seconds before it finally focusses. I never use it.

Dave