Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Montana Musicians

Montana Musicians

Montana musicians, Trevor Krieger on fiddle and Jeff Troxel on guitar, playing with the Billings (Montana) Symphony. Krieger is a past Montana fiddle champion and Troxel was the 2003 national flat-picking guitar champion.

Montana Musicians

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Montana Musicians

They look a pair worth listening to when they get warmed up. Like the obvious interaction you have captured so well, James.

The colour looks a bit flat on the instruments which should be very warm, but can see you don't want any more on the skin. Do you think its worth trying flash corrections in the White Balance section of the PP? I know it is properly lit, but the flash corrections do include 'warmer' tones.

Love your landscapes.

crisscross: thanks for the kudos.

There was actually very bad blue and cyan color-casts, which when removed, warmed the image considerably. To my eye the instruments appear as viewed; I understand differences in perception whether through monitor calibration or actually color optical variations in people.

As a side note I debated whether to straighten the diagonal lines. The musicians relative heights were correct so I decided to leave the diagonal lines to add a bit of dynamism. I ended up selling the photo to Jeff Troxel (guitar) for promotional use. I "massaged" the image for minor defects before sending.

Real Name
    Chris

never even noticed the diagonal lines James; maybe as you say that is where a lot of the dynamism in the pic comes from.

I dragged the image off and in NX2 I see the colours are more as you describe and quite acceptable. It doesn't seem to have any colour profile (or other exif) so maybe its one of those where the browsers do seem to struggle.