Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What am I?

Real Name
    Ken Outch

What am I?

Just a little quiz which is totally pointless and for which there is no prize. For those who like a challenge. Just something I saw which caught my eye. Another of trying to give some animation to the mundane. Just hope I am still on the right track. Damn! I have practically just given you the answer!

Answer tomorrow for those who can be bothered.
    Thanks for viewing

What am I?

Real Name
    Paul

Re: What am I?

Old tank track?

Real Name
    randy

I agree

Real Name
    Joe

Caterpilla D-8 track...

The wheel width would indicate its an armored personnel carrier, or a light tank. My guess would be a Leonidas or one of the multiple M113 variants that are out there. What is interesting is the removable guide teeth, and end cap connectors. Each track shoe has cooling tubes this indicates that is made for warm environments.

Ryo

Real Name
    Allan Short

Ken as you are for the land of Oz, I will go with the track of a Leopard 1 tank, as you have replaced them with the M1A1 for the United States.

Cheers

Allan

Real Name
    Ken Outch

All Good Answers! However the winner of the super grand prize of absolutely nothing in this totally pointless contest is Allan of Grafton! And speaking of graft... Allan, to claim your prize if you will send $20, 032 in small unmarked rupees by registered emails to the Old Ucci Benevolent Fishing Retirement Fund, care of Outer Mongolia, this is the last threatening communication you will receive on this matter. Actually Alan I am only joking about the 20, 000 dollars. Our fund would be perfectly happy to receive $10,000

For those who actually give a rat's toe nail.It is in fact part of the track and running wheels of a Leopard tank which was presented by the Australian Army to the Town of Seymour and forms part of the Vietnam Vets' Memorial walk way which has been set up in the town. But it is okay and no need to panic. The Oz army does have another Leopard tank lying around the place somewhere. If only we could remember at which MacDonalds the dopey driver left when he stopped for a big mac and then wander off into the night. It is just so hard to get good help now days.....
    These pixs are of said tank. They are HDR's combining 3 shots taken with a wide angle lens and processed with Photomatix and PS.

Thanks for viewing , commenting and taking part in this.
    old ucci

What am I?

What am I?

What am I?

Real Name
    Allan Short

Ken if you could just crate up for me and ship, I will put the check in the mail when it gets here. We had an exchange student from OZ in the early 70's, saw him again about 10-12 years back and one of the photos he showed me was of the Leopard tank he was the driver of. I was probably him who left it at McD's. As for the last part, googled Leopard tank and it said that you are not using the M1A1.

Cheers

Allan

Real Name
    Bobo

At first I thought you had found a novel gizmo for dish drying.