Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Aluminum Infusion Printing

Real Name
    Chuck

Aluminum Infusion Printing

Do any of you have experience with aluminum infusion printing. I think it would be interesting to try, but it is expensive and I would like to learn as much about it as possible before taking the leap.

Are the colors accurate, etc. Any help will be much appreciated.

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

Re: Aluminum Infusion Printing

Chuck,

I have tried on te following product, which was available in the UK from the following links:

Made by: http://www.metallurgy4.com/howtoprint.asp
    Distributed by: http://www.ddltd.co.uk/Metallurgy/intro.html
    Bought from: http://www.firebox.com/product/3595/...-Ink-Jet-Metal

I have contacted the Distributor who advises that a3 or A4 is no longer available.

Following is a USA link for such paper http://www.booksmartstudio.com/store...&cPath=199_200

I recommend that you wear cotton gloves at all times. Marks very easily. It is possible to laminate with a spray. But I have been unable to source in the UK for the paper I bought above.

Colours are great, Print quality shines !!

Very expensive Exhibitions love it .. Camera Club Judges hate it !!

Regards

David

Real Name
    Steaphany

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Very expensive Exhibitions love it .. Camera Club Judges hate it !!
    I've received samples and I'm very interested in this medium, but why do Camera Club Judges hate it ?

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

Steaphany,

Its the lighting conditions in competitions. Prints at my Club are displayed under a bright light set on a stand. The light proves to be too reflective on the print surface when viewed. Club members have also mentioned that they also have difficulty in viewing but love the prints under the correct lighting.

Also when handing in prints to club competitions, a week before the competition other prints have marked the surface and spoilt the print. Cotton Gloves are a must.

For wall hanging and private use fantastic.

Regards

David

Real Name
    Darren

ImageWizards do an incredible job as well. I recently received some samples and was blown away by the quality. I got 4 different samples showing their different surface finishes. While their glossy finish is astounding, I can easily see it getting irritating if the lighting is not setup properly. It is SO reflective and I can see someone having a hard time viewing an image if there is a hot bright reflection in the eyes. Regardless, the quality is mind blowing. Check them out...

Real Name
    Paul

This is offered through Smugmug by way of Bay Photo. I have tried this medium and it is now a favorite. The quality, color, clearity is all fantastic, really you have to see it to fully understand how nice it is. Although if I feel a certain image really requires a frame to look its best I will just print as normal. I like the infused alluminum so much I not only ordered 4 for myself but made great use of them at Christmas time.
    Last edited by jeeperman; 21st March 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Real Name
    Chuck

Thanks to all for the feedback. I think the idea of getting the set of four finishes may help me make some decisions.

Chuck