Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunrise at Andamans

Sunrise at Andamans

Hi I am new to photography. Need genuine feedback. Constructive feedback welcome

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q516/to_biohazard

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Sunrise at Andamans

Welcome to CiC. My name is Richard, what's yours?

Please realize that this is just my opinion. Ask two photographers to crop a photo and you will often end up with two completely different, but equally good images...

There is a lot of potential in your image...

Rather than have the sun in the middle of the frame, I cropped this so the sun was located more at the rule of thirds (intersection of verical and hirizontal lines: see: "Rule of Thirds" in the tutorials above). I did a closer crop on the boats to bring them more into prominence. I also attempted to level the horizon...

The way to have done this is by cropping in the camera. I did not have that opportunity so I had to add a bit of sea at the bottom with the clone tool. I did not try to to a really careful job in cloning, since this is just to show you how I might have shot the image, not to try a redo of this image...

The image also suffers from extreme cropping. Using a longer focal length could have provided a image somewhat like this in the camera but, with better quality...

Sunrise at Andamans

Ideally, IMO, if the boats could have been captured when there was more free space in front than to the rear of them, the image might have been even better...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 19th March 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. I saw your modified pic of mine- it indeed looks better cropped. Will try your suggestion next time.

My Name is Sharath and I am from India.

Real Name
    Richard

Sharath,
    Welcome to CiC... India is one place in the world which I would love to visit and photograph...

Thanks Richard. :-)