Kathy

Country Bridge

Comments and Advice welcome!!!

Country Bridge

Country Bridge

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Country Bridge

I like both images. The mist in the first image provides depth while the lazy S curve of the river in the second images leads my eye effectively to the bridge...

I wonder if cropping out the tree trunk in the botom left of the second image might not place more emphasis on the bridge?

I would really like to drop a lure just downstream of the bracnches protruding from the surface of the stream in image #2. I would bet that there is a bass or trout hanging out there!

Real Name
    Paul

I will agree with Richard on everything.......except.......the lure. I would have to pop a fly out there infront and behind those logs! Almost the same page Richard!

Like Richard said, I would consider a closer crop on the second image. Sufficient space to lose a little from the bottom and matching amount from the left side I think.

Real Name
    Chuck

Kathy, Very nice shots. I really like the subtle colors. The compositions are very nice. I do agree that cropping the second photo to remove the log would be worth a try.

You should feel really good about this set.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

It may be my eyes but it appears that a piece of a branch is caught in the support wires on the bottom of the bridge. If so, this location has seen some really high water!

Real Name
    Myra

Those are beautiful, Kathy. The first is so pastoral and peaceful. Lovely atmosphere in both.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I like both images. The mist in the first image provides depth while the lazy S curve of the river in the second images leads my eye effectively to the bridge...

I wonder if cropping out the tree trunk in the botom left of the second image might not place more emphasis on the bridge?

I would really like to drop a lure just downstream of the bracnches protruding from the surface of the stream in image #2. I would bet that there is a bass or trout hanging out there!
    Thank you Richard, I appreciated your comments!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer1 View Post
    Those are beautiful, Kathy. The first is so pastoral and peaceful. Lovely atmosphere in both.
    Thankyou Myra, it is definately a very peaceful place to be!! Thanks for looking!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Teton Chuck View Post
    Kathy, Very nice shots. I really like the subtle colors. The compositions are very nice. I do agree that cropping the second photo to remove the log would be worth a try.

You should feel really good about this set.
    Thanks Chuck, I do feel good about these photos but it is nice to get feedback from others and what they see. Thanks for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    It may be my eyes but it appears that a piece of a branch is caught in the support wires on the bottom of the bridge. If so, this location has seen some really high water!
    Frank, did not notice that "what appears to be a branch" under the bridge . . . I am now curious to see what it really is! Thanks for looking!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I will agree with Richard on everything.......except.......the lure. I would have to pop a fly out there infront and behind those logs! Almost the same page Richard!
    I do know that there are some huge catfish in this river, not that I have caught any of them! I agree it would make a great afternoon of relaxing fishing!! Thanks for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Sharon

Really lovely Kathy.

Agree about losing the log in a tighter crop on the second but the beautiful light you have captured makes me want to bask on the riverbank with a bit of hay between my teeth.

...and that doesn't often happen often.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Really lovely Kathy.

Agree about losing the log in a tighter crop on the second but the beautiful light you have captured makes me want to bask on the riverbank with a bit of hay between my teeth.

...and that doesn't often happen often.
    Thank you Sharon, I spent alot of time there just because it was so peaceful and relaxing -- the birds were singing, the sun was shining, sometimes you have to just take the time to enjoy!! Thanks for the comments and advice!

Kathy

Real Name
    Bobo

Whatever has been said I will say this - these are very nice images. A nature scene that is predominately yellow and blue is a really hard scene to process nicely.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Whatever has been said I will say this - these are very nice images. A nature scene that is predominately yellow and blue is a really hard scene to process nicely.
    Thanks Bobo, I appreciate the comments!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Here is a look at the cropped photo from above I took advice from some of the comments above and cropped the log out . . . What do you think??

After crop
    Country Bridge

Before Crop
    Country Bridge

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
    Here is a look at the cropped photo from above I took advice from some of the comments above and cropped the log out . . . What do you think??
    A much stronger image. It's not just the log being taken out, it's also quite a large section of the left-hand side. We've still got enough of that to 'see' the story. Previously there was a lot of riverbank and trees etc to the left (as we look at it) of the bridge. Now there is not so much and, I think, makes fro a much better image.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    A much stronger image. It's not just the log being taken out, it's also quite a large section of the left-hand side. We've still got enough of that to 'see' the story. Previously there was a lot of riverbank and trees etc to the left (as we look at it) of the bridge. Now there is not so much and, I think, makes fro a much better image.
    Thanks Donald, I do see what everyone was talking about by cropping the photo, but for some reason I am still drawn to my original photo, I do not understand why, maybe it is the distance of the bridge in the original photo, when I cropped it it brought the bridge a little closer to me. I may still play around with it and see if I cant find a happy medium. Thanks for looking, your advice is always helpful.

Kathy

Real Name
    Bobo

Most certainly better. CIC is never wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast