Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sparkle

Real Name
    Steve

Sparkle

I like to photograph light; just not too good at it. Any tips for capture haze or as here sparkle?

Sparkle

This one seemed to go flatter when I flattened the image in PSE10.

Sparkle

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Re: Sparkle

I actually like the light here quite well. The specular sparkle on the water in image one combined with the hanging branches is very attractive. So much so I would have been tempted to avoid the geese and everything to the right of the tree and concentrated on the left side as the main composition

For Image two, much the same. The bridge is a not needed element. I would have concentrated on the light interplay in the trees,grass,bullrushes and water. I uspect it would have been a stronger image done that way.

I don't think you have any problem seeing the light, I think you need to concentrate on the interplay even more.

The haze to the right in image one is something I suspect may not be solvable in post processing or even at the time of shooting

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Trevor: i think I'm too much a landscape photographer, thinking I've got to get something in, when I only needed the light. Thankyou

good images Steve!
    anyway I agree with trevor, the geese and the bridge aren't necessary for the pictures
    ciao
    Nicola

Real Name
    Steve

Thankyou Nicola; I will have to keep in mind the thing that is attractive to my eye, doesn't need anything extra to justify taking the photograph.