Thread: Lightroom Autoexposure Sync

Real Name
    Kenny

Lightroom Autoexposure Sync

Hi

I often take photos on family trips where there is no need to edit them like I usually would and most of the time using Lightroom's Autoexposure is all I want to do. The Sync feature can sync the exposure from one photo to the rest, but is there a way to batch Autoexpose so that they are auto-exposed individually?

Real Name
    Alex

Re: Lightroom Autoexposure Sync

Hi Kenny,

You can do this with presets. Click save development preset and select the 'auto tone' checkbox. Name the new preset and save. You can then apply this preset to a collection of images using the grid layout. Select the images you want to adjust and from the quick edit menu you can apply the preset.

I find the autotone often messes up with the contrast and brightness. So you can edit the preset. It is just a text file saved in the Lightroom settings folder hierarchy.

Right click the preset and choose to go to the folder. You can then open the preset and edit it. I turn off autotone and just use autoexposure and autoblacks.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Real Name
    Kenny

Re: Lightroom Autoexposure Sync

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Hi Kenny,

You can do this with presets. Click save development preset and select the 'auto tone' checkbox. Name the new preset and save. You can then apply this preset to a collection of images using the grid layout. Select the images you want to adjust and from the quick edit menu you can apply the preset.

I find the autotone often messes up with the contrast and brightness. So you can edit the preset. It is just a text file saved in the Lightroom settings folder hierarchy.

Right click the preset and choose to go to the folder. You can then open the preset and edit it. I turn off autotone and just use autoexposure and autoblacks.

Hope this helps.

Alex
    Thanks Alex!
    Saving it as a preset seems so obvious in retrospect, but never occurred to me at all!

Awesome, thanks for the info on editing the settings, too. I agree, I am almost never happy with the way autoexposure deals with the brightness.