Thread: Small Stream and Trees-2

Real Name
    Russell

Small Stream and Trees-2

Firstly would like to thank ALL that gave feedback on my previous posting "Small stream + Trees"
    Again this was taken in the same area.
    I did try to clone out the small branch on the rock but then just thought it looked natural.
    The little green trees/shoots are all over the place so a little difficult to omit from a photograph
    Small Stream and Trees-2

Thank You for looking
    Russ

Real Name
    John

Re: Small Stream and Trees-2

Russell, great shot. I think this one is better than your first because the composition is so much cleaner. The trees frame the stream and really help make it the center of focus. Also, your capture of moving water is fabulous. Love this photo. Regards, John.

Russ
    I am glad that you went back, I hoped that you would. This is very nice. Much better water flow and I really like the small pile of stones on the left side. Everything has been included. Thank you for being true to the art.
    Tim

Real Name
    Steve

Much better this time around russ, but you can still improve it some more. The right side really doesn't add anything to the composition, and the branch in the foreground should have been removed. (take a quick look around the image for things you can remove to make the comp. better, before you click the shutter).

I think a little lower to the water and to the left a little would offer a better composition. A virtical orientation would help eliminate the right side of the frame and give some more height to the trees. Something like this................

Small Stream and Trees-2

Great job on the exposure and blur of the water.

Real Name
    Pierre

Russ
    I agree with the others, nice second attempt, I love how the trees line up the shot. I like how you have captured the water movement too. I also like Steve's crop of the image.