Thread: Lonely Tree in Winer Sunlight - C&C welcome

Real Name
    Bakhtiar Ahmed

Lonely Tree in Winer Sunlight - C&C welcome

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Lonely Tree in Winer Sunlight - C&C welcome

I like this image very much.

It is a well composed, balanced scene and the inclusion of the human-made structure contrasts nicely with nature. The colours and tones across the image also, to my eye, provide a harmony and tranquility to the scene.

I found myself arguing as to whether I would have wanted to see all of the tree on the left-hand side and not had a few branches disappearing out of the frame. But that would have necessitated including more of the fence and the ground upon which it stands and I don't think that would help. So, I think the right choice was made to allow a few branches to go out of the left-hand edge fo the frame.

Real Name
    Peter

I agree with Donald its a very pleasing image and well composed.

Peter

Real Name
    Kathy

Love how the tree is leaning and fills the whole frame! Very sharp photo easy to look at!

Kathy

Real Name
    GIRISH A.

Nice photo........good composition.......i like it

Real Name
    Pierre

I don't know, maybe I just am not skilled enough to see what the others here see. The image to me is missing the earth at the bottom of the photo. The line at the bottom draws me right out of the image, sort of like falling off the cliff. If the tree was complete and maybe the image was taken from further back it might work. Basically the bottom portion does not work for me???

Real Name
    Bakhtiar Ahmed

Thanks, Donald. I would have also liked to capture the entire tree including the branches to the left but there was a larger fence there and quite a crowd standing and sitting behind that fence and a couple of tall cell phone towers were also visible in the background. To leave all that out of the composition, I have to clip the tips of a few branches to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I like this image very much.

It is a well composed, balanced scene and the inclusion of the human-made structure contrasts nicely with nature. The colours and tones across the image also, to my eye, provide a harmony and tranquility to the scene.

I found myself arguing as to whether I would have wanted to see all of the tree on the left-hand side and not had a few branches disappearing out of the frame. But that would have necessitated including more of the fence and the ground upon which it stands and I don't think that would help. So, I think the right choice was made to allow a few branches to go out of the left-hand edge fo the frame.

Real Name
    Bakhtiar Ahmed

Thanks, jeechu1970, codachrome, Kathy O and PBelarge; I appreciate that you took out time to comment on my Photo.

@PBelarge:This was taken in a crowed park on a weekend. every place outside of this frame was crowded with people and other structures, including to the the left and at the bottom of the frame.

Real Name
    Pierre

Bakhtiar
    I understand the dilema some locations present, keeping us from being able to have more leway in the image.