Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Suggest me a DSLR please..

Real Name
    ANU

Suggest me a DSLR please..

Hello Friends,

I request you to please suggest me a nice DSLR with decent price...
    i have no clue about the technical specifications....
    suggest me the body..so that in the phase of learning i can buy new types of lenes.
    I dont want to change this DSLR for next 10 years once i buy it...and dont want to regret that i did;nt get the best one...
    IN SHORT I WANT THE BEST DSLR IN AFORDABLE PRIZE....either in canon or nikon...
    Please advise....

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Suggest me a DSLR please..

Hi,

It will help if you give us the amount of money you are able to spend for the camera and a lens.

Real Name
    ANU

Anything in between 500$ to 700$...and maximax 900$ but not more than 900$.
    Its its the best i am ready to pay 900$ too...
    well i live in india..please suggest me some indian models...if you dont mind..

Real Name
    Richard

Hi Anu, welcome to CiC...

You can find some various basic comparisions of the various DSLR cameras by doing a Google search with parameters like "60D vs. T3i".

However you can also find some information regarding various cameras on Youtube such as this comparison:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOCZm...eature=g-all-c

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, IMO you have two choices (1) buy a brand new camera of your choice, no one can tell what one to buy only advice as that already given, you may also consider going to your local camera shop (without money in your pocket) just to look and if possible handle the differant models, find what sits in your hand, (2) Go for a secondhand higher standard camera with low shutter count if you can find one Canon 5D MkII etc. Oh yes lastly you say Quote:- I dont want to change this DSLR for next 10 years, I say wanna bet?
    Russ

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Anu,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me too.

It would also help us to advise you if we knew what subject(s) you wanted to shoot, at least at first.

The budget doesn't strike me as being very high for a body and (probably one) lens, so if you (like me) immediately wanted say, a long lens for wildlife, that would have to be as a trade off for the capabilities of the body to keep within 900 (US?) dollars budget.

I tend to agree with Russell, 10 years is a long time to keep a body these days, so a compromise may not be as big a problem as you might think. However, one thing to realise; photography as a hobby isn't cheap (sadly).

Cheers,