Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Towe Windows Victoria Hall U of T

Real Name
    Allan Short

Towe Windows Victoria Hall U of T

Went to the Royal Ontario Museum to-day, shot there for a time then went over to Victoria College and captured this image of the window and vines.

Allan

Towe Windows Victoria Hall U of T

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Towe Windows Victoria Hall U of T

Hi Allan

Interesting image. The vines look almost reptilian. Is that an Orton-type processing you used? Also, I personally struggle with where to crop windowed buildings (both when composing and in processing), because including or excluding whole or parts of windows often forces me into some odd ratios. I havent found a solid set of rules that seem to work well for me.

Kevin

Real Name
    Allan Short

Kevin to answer your question, I took 5 shots to do a HDR however I did not like the outcome, so I tried stacking them and blending, still not the look I was after, still learning how to do that. Most of the processing was done in ACR, The colour of the leaves was increased in raw by increasing the orange slider in the details pulldown, once done, I did a visible merge layer, and on to that, I did a levels adjustment layer, then posted forgetting to sharpen as I usually do. As for the windows, same thing here like you stated above. These windows projected out from the building and as the sky was blowen out, I kept is tight on the left hand side of the image and I needed the height as there is another 15 feet or so above what you see. Hope that helps in some way.

Allan

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Good to see you experimenting and evaluating the results. Not every technique will work well with all images. Learning which technique works best with what kind of image can be very rewarding!

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    I love the color and texture. Great lighting. The effects you've chosen worked out well. Great work Allan.