Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More Underwater Macros

Real Name
    Karl

More Underwater Macros

Hi all - here are a few keepers from my dive at one of my favourite divesites yesterday. Taken with my G12 with a x3 M67 macro wet lens which attaches to the front of my housing.

Unfortunately the visibility was poor - about 3m (which is normal) - with lots of floaty bits and milky; however, it means you have to concentrate to get a better shot. On the upside as it is the middle of summer and the water is nice and warm the dive lasted 92 minutes.

Comments welcomed.

Karl

Chromodoris reticulata nudibranch

More Underwater Macros

Cardinal Fish with eggs in its mouth (one day I will get the shot with the mouth fully open)

More Underwater Macros

New species of nudibranch that I have to positivily Id

More Underwater Macros

This one is a little soft as I added an extra x6 macro wet lens to my setup to give it a magnification of x9

More Underwater Macros

A Blenny

More Underwater Macros

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: More Underwater Macros

Wonderful stuff Karl.

These underwater shots continue to take us into a world that so many of us will never see.

This, in particular, is something that you've read about. But to see it in an image of this quality is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post

More Underwater Macros

Real Name
    Mal

Very nice photos. Kerry bought me a scuba diving course for Christmas which I'll be doing in February. I'll need to figure out what camera to get for diving now as the housings for the D7000 are just way too much!

Real Name
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Wonderful stuff Karl.

These underwater shots continue to take us into a world that so many of us will never see.

This, in particular, is something that you've read about. But to see it in an image of this quality is great.
    Donald - thanks for that but I still haven't 'got that shot' of the Cardinal Fish with his mouth wide open so you can cleary see the eggs inside. At this stage of incubation they are very skittish. I am going to try again this Thursday as we have a public holiday - Australia Day - because I think the eggs will be hatching shortly and this will be my last chance until next year. Fingers crossed.

Karl

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Very impressive Karl.