Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Need some input

Real Name
    Bhumil

Need some input

Hello All,

I am really really newbie at photography...i use to take some nice pictures with my old not DSLR camera but now i started to like taking pictures and so i went ahead bought Nikon DSLR camera and bought few lenses....

this is my first attempt to use Lightroom...i have never used PP before i need some advice on how does the photo look? what changes do u think will look better...i will put both the images before and after i did PP....Please put ur comments...thank you...

Before PP:
    Need some input

After:
    Need some input

Real Name
    Mal

Re: Need some input

Honestly I think your PP is fine. You're tweaking of the colours and exposure along with the crop have definitely made the subject stand out more. I'd probably be inclined to use a dark vignetting than a white one to suit this image better but that's a personal thing.

About the only comment I would make is that perhaps turn up the exposure on your bird by 1/3 with the adjustment brush when you're comfortable using it. There's some great online tutorials at Adobe TV that you might find really helpful in getting to know Lightroom.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

I have to agree with Malcolm's comments especially the exposure on the bird. The second bird in the isn't in the best of spots but still a great start!

Real Name
    Bhumil

Thanks guys...I think this one has over exposure..what do u think? according to me it looks little dark...

Thank you again for quick response...

Need some input

Real Name
    Bhumil

Quote Originally Posted by epmi314 View Post
    I have to agree with Malcolm's comments especially the exposure on the bird. The second bird in the isn't in the best of spots but still a great start!
    Yes i agree, i tried to remove the second bird out but it didnt work...:-(...i think i need to learn a lot in this program...

Real Name
    Bhumil

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    Honestly I think your PP is fine. You're tweaking of the colours and exposure along with the crop have definitely made the subject stand out more. I'd probably be inclined to use a dark vignetting than a white one to suit this image better but that's a personal thing.

About the only comment I would make is that perhaps turn up the exposure on your bird by 1/3 with the adjustment brush when you're comfortable using it. There's some great online tutorials at Adobe TV that you might find really helpful in getting to know Lightroom.
    Thank you Malcolm...

Real Name
    Jim

I think you are doing well having just started PP.The last edit is close.I think if you bring the exposure up just a touch and do a slight contrast adjustment and add some sharpening you will see another improvement.
    Very nice photo.

Real Name
    Bhumil

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    I think you are doing well having just started PP.The last edit is close.I think if you bring the exposure up just a touch and do a slight contrast adjustment and add some sharpening you will see another improvement.
    Very nice photo.
    thanks...i will try that and post the image soon...