Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photograph. The future !!

Real Name
    Mark

Photograph. The future !!

Took this in Portafino, I thought cameras were going to get smaller!!

Last edited by Mark von Kanel; 8th January 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Real Name
    Mike

Re: Photograph. The future !!

Funny, I was at a Polar Bear motorcycle ride to one of our Polar Bear Plunges where we watched people jump in the lake on Jan 1st… there were alot of different cameras there and the oddest I saw was someone holding up their iPad to take pictures like this fellow above. Im sure alot of us with questionable eyesight would like a LCD screen that big to view from!

Real Name
    Mark

Funny, I was at a Polar Bear motorcycle ride to one of our Polar Bear Plunges where we watched people jump in the lake on Jan 1st… there were alot of different cameras there and the oddest I saw was someone holding up their iPad to take pictures like this fellow above. Im sure alot of us with questionable eyesight would like a LCD screen that big to view from
    Yeh Mike there was a guy wondering around a local restaurant doing this as well, it looked very strange, i mean why would you take an ipad out on a group social occasion like a meal???

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I often wonder about the lack of control when using devices like that. Looks like its a little unwieldy for snapshots though, one slip and the whole thing goes in the drink!
    Last edited by FrankMi; 8th January 2012 at 01:57 PM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Yeh Mike there was a guy wondering around a local restaurant doing this as well, it looked very strange, i mean why would you take an ipad out on a group social occasion like a meal???
    You see the same thing with laptops, people walking around as if it as comfortable as an iPad.

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

Saw a commercial yesterday about the iphone saying maybe it is the only camera you need. Go one facebook if you want to see the quality.

Real Name
    Robin

The screen is amazing to view a scene on but its it one of the most unwieldy things I've even taken a photograph with. Prefer to use my iPhone (which has a better camera anyway) then use the iCloud function to bounce the shot over to the iPad for fiddling with.

Actually it kind of reminds me of the times I've shot hand-held with a 5x4 MPP field camera.

Real Name
    Richard

One guy that adopted one of our rescue dogs used his IPAD to shoot videos of the dog. He shot the videos in portrait position which was fine for viewing on the IPAD because he could rotate the IPAD to watch the video,

However, I suspect that there might be problems viewing his video on youtube or on a regulat television monitor.

OTOH, this size monitor would make live view quite effective. I have seen DSLR cameras decked out with a couple of grand worth of goodies to make it into a viable video camera. One of the goodies was a larger monitor. The outfit looked like a Rube Goldberg contraption to me.

Real Name
    Ian

I even find the iphone poor in getting totally movement free shots that will enlarge to the levels I like them to go to. Still with that size of sensor and lack of stability, its bound to be the case. Still good as an always in your pocket camera.

Apparently the iPad 3 is going to have an upgraded camera, but I still prefer to use a proper camera and then import the results into the iPad if I want to use it as a display device.

Real Name
    Ganesan

I am usually taking pictures with my 'galaxy s-ii lte' mobile. bcoz a pocket-able mobile device is must for all of us. most of the time, it stick with us. i want a mobile phone with a canon/nikon lens.
    below is taken at my office window where i can't take my k5.

Real Name
    Ian

I believe you can get an adapter to stick Nikon/Canon lenses on an iPhone, but frankly what is the point? The sensor is much smaller and if you have to hump the lens around its not that mych more hassle to carry the proper camera too!

Answer? "look at how tech savvy I am everyone".

Real Name
    Mark

Answer? "look at how tech savvy I am everyone".
    dont you mean "look at what a P*%#K i am"!

dont you mean "look at what a P*%#K i am"!
    Yes, of course. Actually my first thought when I saw the pic was, "my god that's pathetic".