Thread: Ballet Class

Real Name
    Stephanie

Ballet Class

Ballet Class

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Ballet Class

It would be helpful if you advised us what you want us to do in relation to your images. Are you inviting C & C?. If so, it is helpful if you give some information about what your aim/goal was and some shooting information. Your own thoughts about strengths and areas for improvement are always useful and helpful to others.

Real Name
    Mal

Oh that is just way too cute Are you after C&C at all?

The cuteness needle has gone off the scale lol..... Shame the dresses on each end is cut.

Real Name
    Brian

I would go b&w with this except for the Girl in the blue dress and increase contrast.

Aww little cuties...I think they're complaining why some had their tutus cut off.

Real Name
    Joe

LOL! Too cute!

Real Name
    Stephanie

I was so frustrated when I put this up and saw the tutus were cut off!!!! I am still pleased with the overall look and feel of the photo (love the idea of doing it all b/w except the blue ballerina!). I had to do tons of cloning on this one. There was junk all over the walls - a fire extinguisher, 2 outlets, AND a SPOTLIGHT which made it all very challenging. This was not staged. It was a candid photo I took during my daughters ballet class.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMoment View Post
    I was so frustrated when I put this up and saw the tutus were cut off!!!! I am still pleased with the overall look and feel of the photo (love the idea of doing it all b/w except the blue ballerina!). I had to do tons of cloning on this one. There was junk all over the walls - a fire extinguisher, 2 outlets, AND a SPOTLIGHT which made it all very challenging. This was not staged. It was a candid photo I took during my daughters ballet class.
    You done a good job with the cloning. I would have never have known

Real Name
    Frank Miller

You put a great big smile on my face with this one! Thank you for getting my day started on a happy note!

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMoment View Post
    Well, you did a great job in cleaning it up. Rather than a full black and white though, perhaps just tone down the colour on the girl's tutu on the right so it matches the ones on the left. I think that will give you a similar effect but keep your shot still warm.

My only other comment is the line on the floor where the different surfaces meet doesn't appear to be straight. Not sure if it's camera distortion or not but if there was a way of aligning it with the other horizontal lines, I think that would add to the image as well - minor point from my perspective.

rob marshall

Excellent candid shot. I think I would have restricted it to just three of the girls - odd numbers always look more balanced. very good shot though.