Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Subject oreinted

Subject oreinted

This is the second set from today, its a little more Subject oriented: Feel free to C&C

Subject oreinted

Subject oreinted

Subject oreinted

Subject oreinted

Not sure which crop I like on the last two, may have to revisit them and work out some details

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    I'm torn on the last two myself. I like the POV on both but I kind of favor the first crop. I do find the one grain of wheat on the angle a bit distracting from the subject though. Im not sure of you editing skills so maybe a good editing challenge to try and clone it out.

Re: Subject oreinted

Rob, what initially caught my eye was the combine. So I stopped and surveyed the scene. The subject was supposed to be the combine. Seeing the house in the backdrop I framed it as in pic 1. But I wasn't happy with that so I figured I would try a DOF shot, and the results are 3/4. When I saw how 3/4 turned out I edited them to suit the one weed. When taking the picture it was not my intent to have them stand out so much but have both the house and the combine just out of focus. As to number 2 I saw the statue, and his painting which is an accurate representation of everything around. Perhaps I should get a wide angle lens and reshoot that one.

Ryo

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Ryo,

Im not sure you need a wide angle. The composition of the shot was fine, just your focus point was off if the combine was your intended subject. I would try to get the shot again if the combine is still there to do so. Same composition as in shot #3 but set your focal point on the combine and have the weed as an out of focus foreground.

As a side note, you might want to fill out your profile to reflect your real name. Most of us here are on a first name basis. (unless of coarse Donald has beaten me to this lol)

Went back after work, and it was still there. So round two:

Subject oreinted

There is an element missing, and that is the grain is all blown down perhaps next autumn... and title it Autumn harvest.

Ryo

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

I prefer the first of the two crops, I would have cropped tighter to remove some of the field and trees to the left of the combine, cut out some of the sky above and the grass below. Make it a really tight crop on the three (combine,dry weed and stalk of wheat) main elements.

The last image I feel needs a deeper focal field. The combine is just enough out of focus to be maddening as I keep trying to bring it into focus.

If you can reshoot try to move over to the left to get the combine and house closer together. As well try to get the line of the crop more toward the upper third as it is more interesting than the sky.