Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Video: Big Pit, South Wales

rob marshall

Video: Big Pit, South Wales

I'm not an emotional person, but I found myself feeling quite mournful at my own work here. Perhaps I need to start photographing super-models instead? ;D Images shot with a variety of cameras, but mostly Canon 5Ds. Video produced in Pro Show Gold V4.5.

I have taken these shots over the past few years, and decided I must do something with them!

Real Name
    Kerry

Re: Video: Big Pit, South Wales

What a lovely way to showcase your photos Rob. Beautiful photos

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by kezmal View Post
    What a lovely way to showcase your photos Rob. Beautiful photos
    Thank you, Kerry. I'm increasingly finding it better to work with projects rather than just shooting anything and everything. It makes you more focussed on the subject/theme.

Real Name
    Mal

Very well put together Rob - I enjoyed watching that and definitely agree with you on working on projects to be a bit more focussed.

Real Name
    John

Rob, Your video inspired me. I used Lightroom to put together some plant images and music.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...lant%20Videos/

Thanks for planting the seed.

Real Name
    Mike

Well done Rob...and I agree, as it was a very moving video presentation. After
    viewing the entire video, I got to thinking that any of the local historical groups
    would love to have a copy of it for their displays, as your work tells a story
    from a perspective that many might not consider otherwise.

I hope you don't go off taking pics of those "high fashion" (= high maintenance!)
    models, as you're much too good with historical sites and "non-sentient" subjects.

Mike
    Last edited by Dizzy; 3rd January 2012 at 12:20 AM.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Poaceae View Post
    Rob, Your video inspired me. I used Lightroom to put together some plant images and music.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...lant%20Videos/

Thanks for planting the seed.
    Hi John. Very good flower shots, and I like the music, it keeps the pace going. I think you need some different transitions between shots to vary it a bit more - does LR let you do that? I see that Photobucket doesn't restrict you on length as Flickr does. Youtube has few restrictions and so I prefer to use them. What image resolution did you use?I find HD720 or HD1080 gives a great viewing, especially for detailed images such as flowers.

Nice work.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    After viewing the entire video, I got to thinking that any of the local historical groups
    would love to have a copy of it for their displays, as your work tells a story
    from a perspective that many might not consider otherwise.
    I am going to offer it to the museum, although they may want to change the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I hope you don't go off taking pics of those "high fashion" (= high maintenance!)
    models, as you're much too good with historical sites and "non-sentient" subjects.
    I can see it now. My wife comes home from a hard day doing whatever it is she does, and there is a glamour model posing in my photography room. Yes, quite.

Real Name
    Jim

This is really fantastic stuff Rob. I come from a (former) minig area myself and your images evoked memories of my brothers and uncles who worled in the pits.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by jambin View Post
    This is really fantastic stuff Rob. I come from a (former) minig area myself and your images evoked memories of my brothers and uncles who worled in the pits.
    Thanks, Jim. Glad you enjoyed it. Was it coal mining, in Sweden?

I'm finding that working on images around a theme and putting them into a show gives more of a narrative. I'm also going to start integrating video footage into them in future. I have video on the 5D Mk2, but I've also just bought a Panasonic SD900 video camera, which gives excellent quality. I must get around to reading the manual though.