Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Whaanga Vista

Real Name
    Mark

Whaanga Vista

This panorama was made using 7 images. It was taken from a viewpoint on the Whaanga Coast Road near Raglan on the west coast of New Zealand. This road is a world famous rally stage. It is the signature stage of Rally New Zealand a WRC event. It features high speeds on a narrow gravel raod which runs on cliffs alongside the Tasman Sea. No room for error here.

The end of this video clip features some footage of the stage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2qG...eature=related

Whaanga Vista

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Whaanga Vista

The more I see landscapes from New Zealand, the more I realise that what people say about NZ and Scotland being so similar, is so very true. My first reaction on seeing this was that it was on the Aberdeenshire coast near Stonehaven looking out over the North Sea.

My second reaction was to wonder if there was enough interest in it to hold attention. And then the third reaction, after opening it up to view at the larger size, was to be quite overwhelmed at the majesty of the panorama.

That, I am sure, would have commercial potential if printed up at quite large sizes.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Whaanga Vista

Hi Donald

Seasons greetings to yuo and yours. My brother is visiting from the US. He spent a few years in the UK and his comments were that this is exactly like Scotland. He said it reminded him of a trip he did to Glencoe. Unfortunately the photo does not give any idea od the elevation. I was standing on a windswept bluff about 10 feet away from a 1000 foot drop down to the rocks you can see on the beach. It was spectacular. The sunset was very disappointing on the day, but the scenery and the road made up for that. I have some neat surfing pics and others of horse riders on the beach that I took on the day. I'll post those today because the weather looks terrible here today.

Cheers
    Mark