Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cheap Studio Camera Remote

Real Name
    Rob

Cheap Studio Camera Remote

If anyone is intrested in a cheap camera remote and has an Iphone or Ipod touch. Check out an app called "DSLR remote" by "On One Software" There are two one is free the other is $20
    DSLR Camera Remote for the iPhone and iPod touch allows you to remotely trigger the shutter, or fire a supported camera. This seemingly basic feature is very powerful because it now allows you to trigger the camera in a variety of scenarios that would have been difficult to near impossible before.

With your supported camera connected via USB or wi-fi grip to a computer running the lightweight onOne DSLR Camera Remote Server application, the DSLR Camera Remote application running on your iPhone or iPod touch can remotely trigger the camera. Start, monitor and stop the video record function right from your phone.
    http://www.ononesoftware.com/product...camera-remote/

You will also need to download something for your computer http://www.ononesoftware.com/downloads Look at the bottom of the page for "Remote Control"

I haven't used mine in a while since it does not support Linux. But when I was using Windows it worked very nice, and I was able to use manual and control everything on my camera.

Plus you can set it up for time-laps.

I should add you camera must be connected to your computer..

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Cheap Studio Camera Remote

Thanks Rob. I've found that when shooting in the studio, pressing the shutter release with my finger works pretty well too

Real Name
    Rob

I would like to get a wired remote to use the Bulb mode.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

although its pretty cool product, but it seems to me alot of hassel to do it though. more things you need with ya. i either use the shutter button on the camera or remote. its easier to set up and dont need additional software or devices to do so.

Real Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    although its pretty cool product, but it seems to me alot of hassel to do it though. more things you need with ya. i either use the shutter button on the camera or remote. its easier to set up and dont need additional software or devices to do so.
    Well its fun for the more technical guys who like to play, and for Free, why not.

If you buy the $20 one you can use live view and also view your photos on the Ipod/Iphone..

Using the shutter button is ok, but when you start getting into your lower shutter speeds, you can get some camera shake.

Real Name
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygart View Post
    Using the shutter button is ok, but when you start getting into your lower shutter speeds, you can get some camera shake.
    I admire the fun/uniqueness of it, but with studio shooting shutter speed is generally fixed at around 1/100th to 1/125th to eliminate ambient light - so camera shake isn't usually a problem

Real Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    I admire the fun/uniqueness of it, but with studio shooting shutter speed is generally fixed at around 1/100th to 1/125th to eliminate ambient light - so camera shake isn't usually a problem
    lol

Well you don't need to use it just for studio. As log as you have a net-book you can set up your camera for what ever you want.. (Star trails for example)

Time laps. (Moon phases)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Tygart View Post
    lol

Well you don't need to use it just for studio. As log as you have a net-book you can set up your camera for what ever you want.. (Star trails for example)

Time laps. (Moon phases)
    TC80-N3 does that, which is just as well, 'cause my iPhone gets used for a zillion other things