Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Chelsea

Real Name
    Mal

The Chelsea

Enjoyed a nice breakfast in an old part of Brisbane on Saturday morning that I hadn't been before. The cafe impressed me so much that I decided to snap a quick shot with my phone as a souvenir. The photo below is what I managed to create from a long range shot that originally had an awkward perspective. C&C welcome :-)

The Chelsea
    Last edited by Goldcoastgolfer; 12th December 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Chelsea

Malcolm - I wondered why you wanted to retain the reflection on the right-hand side of that upright.

What do you think about a crop along the extreme right hand edge of the upright; i.e. keeping it in the image?
    Last edited by Donald; 12th December 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Real Name
    Mal

Do you mean like this?

The Chelsea

When I first looked at the original I thought the mirror image was a little bit interesting. To be honest, I know having the mirror image tends to distract from the sign itself - but I wasn't sure that having the sign on its own was enough?

The original image is posted below - spur of the moment thing but the cafe itself left an impression on me and I wanted to capture a memory.

The Chelsea
    Last edited by Goldcoastgolfer; 12th December 2011 at 09:10 PM.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

The Chelsea are currently 1-1 with Man City,

I like the original. Slightly ethereal.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    Do you mean like this?
    Yes, that's what I was looking at. But, please remember, this is your image. My opinion doesn't matter. It's only an opinion. You have to make the image that works for you.

ps - "The Chelsea are currently 1-1 with Man City". Our colleague refers to something called soccer, in which some 22 people run about on a bit of grass kicking an air-filled bag and trying to get it into one of two big string vests hung at either end of the field.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yes, that's what I was looking at. But, please remember, this is your image. My opinion doesn't matter. It's only an opinion. You have to make the image that works for you.
    Opinions do matter because that's what helps us see the world from a perspective that we might not normally consider - i appreciate that you make the effort that you do to comment on so many posts and images posted here.

Real Name
    Ken

In reply to Donald I thought that the 22 ran round the grass, managed by another couple of air filled bags!

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

My lot won 2-1.

Right to be serious, I really like what you've taken here Malcolm. Firstly because most of us would have walked past this without a second thought, let alone taking the time to think about composing a picture. Secondly, whilst I kind of agree with Donald's first suggestion, I really do like stuff to break a few "rules". I think the reflection and some of the leading lines make this image.

But, again, Donald is right when he says it's your opinion that carries the most weight. It's subjective art after all.

P.S. Sorry about the Football comments.