Real Name
    Steve

Licking Branch

Licking Branch

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Licking Branch

Hi Steve,

Is the background SOOC or did you desaturate it?

Nice shot, I did wonder about an excess of space on right and a square crop, but I like the lead in lines from background branches both side that this has.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Steve,

Is the background SOOC or did you desaturate it?

Nice shot, I did wonder about an excess of space on right and a square crop, but I like the lead in lines from background branches both side that this has.

Cheers,
    Background is sooc. I don't know what the deal is with the WB on these shots. Histograms say everything is good, and certain areas of the photos have a cast. Some areas had a green cast , some blue. The colors of the deer look good, and the backgrounds look very cool (blue). The grass and pine tree are giving a green reflection of some sort.........................? It's almost like i shot indoors with multiple light sources. This one isn't too bad, but the background looks a touch on the cool side.

I left a little more room on the right because the branch was a very important part of the composition and didn't look right as a stub.
    And it isn't a square crop..............5/4

Real Name
    Jim

Great shot,Steve!
    WB looks good to me.I'm viewing on a calibrated and profiled monitor.
    BG colour looks good.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    Great shot,Steve!
    WB looks good to me.I'm viewing on a calibrated and profiled monitor.
    BG colour looks good.
    Thanks jim. This series of images had a few color issues due to the lighting, i guess. The backgrounds looked cool, the greens vibrant, and some of the shadow areas of the white had a green hue. At the same time, the right side of the histograms were even, showing a neutral WB. This image here, the background looks a touch on the cool side, but not bad.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    And it isn't a square crop..............5/4
    Yes I can see that!

No, my apologies, that's me missing out (too many) words to save time (I was rushing, me bad)

To say what I was (fully) thinking; I did wonder about (there being) an excess of space on right and a (trying a) square crop, but I like the lead in lines from background branches both side that this has.

That's what I meant to say

Ever heard the phrase; "more haste, less speed"?

Cheers,

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Background is sooc. I don't know what the deal is with the WB on these shots. Histograms say everything is good, and certain areas of the photos have a cast. Some areas had a green cast , some blue. The colors of the deer look good, and the backgrounds look very cool (blue). The grass and pine tree are giving a green reflection of some sort.........................? It's almost like i shot indoors with multiple light sources. This one isn't too bad, but the background looks a touch on the cool side.
    I agree this one isn't too bad - in fact I would say the background is pretty neutral, hence my thought it might have been desaturated (in the highlights, if nowhere else)

When I PP mine, perhaps I'll find similar issues, I know there's (understandably) a huge difference between those shot into the light and those not backlit.

Cheers,