Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: BUSY on camera when tethered to lightroom 3

Real Name
    Russell

BUSY on camera when tethered to lightroom 3

Hi, I normally use a Canon 1Ds Mk II but as this cannot tether to a windows based machine via USB (needs firewire) I purchased a Canon 600D as a backup and to try out tethered photography in the field with a small laptop running windows. Also DL'd Lightroom 3 to test out. Now I have updated LR3 to 3.5 and the firmware on the 600D camera I updated to the latest. When I launch LR all goes well but as soon as I connect the camera and click on tethered under the file menu I get the BUSY showing in the camera viewfinder, I uninstalled LR and put on Canons software and that worked fine but I want to use LR. Why am I getting the BUSY signal? I have also tried connecting the camera in other USB ports on the laptop.
    Thanks for any help.
    Russ

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: BUSY on camera when tethered to lightroom 3

Hi Russ,

I vaguely remember a bug in LR affecting Canon cameras some time ago (may even have been pre-LR3, can't remember sorry), but a bit of Googling might help.

I too use the Canon EOS software - it can put the images in any folder you like and give you full screen reviews of what you've just shot (in addition to letting you control the camera remotely), so I've just stuck with that.

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Russ,

I vaguely remember a bug in LR affecting Canon cameras some time ago (may even have been pre-LR3, can't remember sorry), but a bit of Googling might help.

I too use the Canon EOS software - it can put the images in any folder you like and give you full screen reviews of what you've just shot (in addition to letting you control the camera remotely), so I've just stuck with that.
    Hi Colin, as it happens I'm glad you answered on this, I remember you saying a while ago that you used the 1Ds Mk II but upgraded so a quick question for you what did you upgrade to and can you attach tethered with win XP with your upgrade camera?
    I did search for an answer to my OP but came up empty even on the Canon & Adobe forums.
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name

Hi Russ,

"Unfortunately", I went from the 1D3 to the 1Ds3 - and tethering with both is under Windows 7 x64, so I probably can't help a lot

Real Name
    Russell

DOH!!!! The 600D is not supported on Lightroom 3.5 so now 3.6 is available but guess what!!!!!!

Real Name
    Any reason you can't just use the EOS utility? If you save to a watched folder then LR will import them just the same as if it was tethered to LR as far as I know.