Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nice 3 1/2 year old

Real Name
    Steve

Nice 3 1/2 year old

I got quit a few good shots of this one. Will post them up as i edit them.

Nice 3 1/2 year old

Re: Nice 3 1/2 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    I got quit a few good shots of this one. Will post them up as i edit them.

Nice 3 1/2 year old
    Nice shot, Steve, but your white balance seems to be off. The white fur looks green on my screen?

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Viana View Post
    Nice shot, Steve, but your white balance seems to be off. The white fur looks green on my screen?
    Strange, my histograms don't show it. If i zoom in, i can see a greenish hue in the shadow detail. Just slight though. I'll have to check to see what caused it.

Real Name
    Peter

It is a great shot. That green is weird though and I am wondering where it comes from. It shouldn't be refelction, but it is quite apparent.

Real Name
    Steve

I just looked in Ps. The histograms show no color cast. If i decrease the midrange in green, a red color cast appears. I did a color correction of the grey point and there was no change in the image, that i could see anyway.

I think it is coming from a reflection. The image was shot in a very unusual light. It was a very bright (but very diffused light) cloudy day. The shot was at 2:00 in the afternoon with the sun, still kind of high.

Anyone else have any ideas, feel free to give your opinion. I've never run into a situation like this before, perhaps we all can learn something from it.

As far as my edit, a normal raw conversion was done. In photoshop i added some color using LAB mode (only to the deer, not the rest of the image. (the green in the shadow areas of the white was in the original, so that had nothing to do with it) I added a little bit of contrast to the deer only and sharpened normally.

Real Name
    Bobo

It is a lovely shot. Hope the green can be fixed.