Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Niksoft options

Real Name
    Mark

Niksoft options

Im just sorting out my software needs im on LR3 and have got PS5.5 (thank god for educational discounts) just Nicksoft to sort out now and Topaz of course....... AND THATS IT!!!.

Question is i want niksoft for silver effects, i also want an HDR plugin so it makes sense just to buy the niksoft bundle, @ 299 euros for the lightroom plugins but the cheeky buggers want 600 to have the photoshop plug in's TOTAL RIP OFF! will i need the photoshop plugin for a reasonable work flow or will i be able to work from lightroom without excessive import export time?

mark

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Niksoft options

mmmm just read the Topaz info, seems to be a lot of duplication with the niksoft..... now what do i do? its like being a kid in a sweet shop, all these lovely sweeties, but im going to end up with a metaphorical belly ache if i eat them all.......

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Mark, it might be time to:

a. read a few more reviews
    b. download a trial version
    c. get familiar with Photoshop first, then decide

In the past, when I've been in this situation and got all the packages ('cuz I could get them at a discount at the time), I later looked back and found that due to the learning curve, I got up-to-speed on one package and rarely used the others.

On the other hand, being able to afford all of them is a nice situation to be in!

Real Name
    Trace

Hi Mark, I am also very thankful for educational discounts! I bought the Nik suite a few months ago and as I did the vast majority of my pp in Lightroom just went with the LR version. Having used it for a bit now I really wish I'd got the PS version so that I could edit the Nik changes as smart objects in Photoshop as I very much miss the ability to roll back changes etc.

Real Name
    Mark

Hi Trace, thanks for the heads up! im going to delay the purchase of niksoft i think until im able to get to grips with PS then ill download the trail and see how the workflow goes im hoping Viana will chip in because i think she uses this combination as well, as i see it niksoft just double the price for the PS version as it plugs into LR as well so if you contact them they may let you upgrade at a reasonable price.