Thread: Wife waiting for hubby

Real Name
    Toņo

Wife waiting for hubby

I am not really sure if this applies as people shot, or if should be placed on Architecture instead.

My wife at the bridge, waiting for me to finish taking pictures

All C&C are welcome.

Toņo

Wife waiting for hubby

Real Name
    John

Re: Wife waiting for hubby

I am not sure either as the bridge seems to dominate the image but including your wife gives scale to the size of the bridge. Nice image.

Real Name
    John

Hi Toņo,
    this is the type of picture I like.
    I love the motion blur throughout the picture, showing just how busy it was when the picture was taken.
    I liked it so much in fact, I wanted to play with it myself; not because it needed changing, just because I wanted to see what it looked like using my 'style' (if I have a style, but you know what I mean). Hope you didn't mind me do this.
    Well done interesting picture.

Wife waiting for hubby

Real Name
    Toņo

Thanks John and John

The vertical crop works out nice as well, I like the fact that my wife gains strength in the image respect to the bridge, although some motion is lost with the crop. Nice version anyhow

Although I loved the darker image produced by you, I have to agree with JPS's rendition. If the image did not contain your wife, I think I would prefer your image (I liked the moodiness and the lines)....But I found myself drawn to her face and I found myself working trying to see what she looked like.... In the lighter image JPS also cropped, giving your wife more space and thus a more distinctive element in the photo. I then jumped back and forth between the bridge and your wife... (which I think you want your "reader" to do)! Nice work (both of you)!

Real Name
    Graham Heron

People seem to like a novel approach. So how about a shot taken from another ten feet to the right (or 15 feet to the left).
    Now that would really be novel.

Actually there's a lot I like about the pic. The colours are beautiful (like a soft burnished copper). I ike the graphic lines and I like the blurred cyclists (with streak of light) comparing nicely against the stationary person (your wife).
    Possibly taken even later in the day to get that dark blue sky (but then the balancing of exposure for the bridge would be challenging). HDR? Compositing multiple shots?

Graham

Real Name
    Toņo

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    People seem to like a novel approach. So how about a shot taken from another ten feet to the right (or 15 feet to the left).
    Now that would really be novel.

Actually there's a lot I like about the pic. The colours are beautiful (like a soft burnished copper). I ike the graphic lines and I like the blurred cyclists (with streak of light) comparing nicely against the stationary person (your wife).
    Possibly taken even later in the day to get that dark blue sky (but then the balancing of exposure for the bridge would be challenging). HDR? Compositing multiple shots?

Graham

Thanks Graham! This bridge is about 400 - 500 yards from home, so next time I'll try the "10 feet to the right" approach! LOL!!!!!

I agree that a darker blue sky would be very nice.

Unfortunately my skills on HDR are at zero level at this moment
    Last edited by acsky; 21st November 2011 at 10:32 PM.