Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - my cat

Real Name
    Kathy

New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - my cat

would love to hear your comments on this photo, very new to photography and would love any suggestions on how to make my photos better. Thanks.

Re: New to this forum, would love to hear your comments on my photo - my cat

Without knowing the true colours of your cat, I suspect this shot would take a little extra brightness; but be careful not to over expose the white areas.

Otherwise, a sharp photo with plenty of fine detail.

Hi Kathy:

Welcome to CiC

It is a charming, clear capture of a very cute calico kitty.

The first thing I noticed was the general yellowness of the fur, which I presume should be white. The other issue for me is the framing. It would have been better to see some of the ears.

I hope that you don’t mind, I did a bit of colour correction and brightened the eyes—all in Lightroom. It is difficult to crop via the rule of thirds and make the eyes the focal point because of the missing top of the head and ears.

Next time, focus on the eyes.

Real Name
    Kathy

Beautiful . . . that is my kitty!! Thankyou for the corrections.