Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Morning Mist

Morning Mist

Had a beautiful morning cool and still light fog and mist on the river. This is an HDR 3 shot image. The Thames river in London Ontario Canada
    Morning Mist

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Morning Mist

A really beautiful image. Well done.

Yes, I don't think there is anything here that I would change.

Real Name
    Kevin

Just awesome! the only thing I might consider playing with would be a small crop along the base of the first plant island and along the right side, to add just a little more emphasis to those amazing angel rays in the left corner, or I might just call it perfect and keep my little mitts off it.

That's really nice. I could get lost in it.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Where abouts?
    Wife is from there and we often (when visiting) walk along the Thames (Meadowlily park, south part of London, Ont).
    Nice streaks of light, the fine structure is different from the larger streaks I often see in images. Haven't captured them yet.
    Thanks.
    Graham

Real Name
    Paul

Very nice capture of light and mood! My only nit is that the HDR has given the water an odd look. It may be just preference but I think a little softer on the water would elevate an already fantastic image.

Adelaide st at the east end of windermire, the waltzing weasel restaurant is on the corner
    Latitude: 43.0246442481 Longitude:-81.24446678160001

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Thanks
    Wife says that is opposite side of London to her parents. Sounds like a good place to visit
    (Nice people, honest)
    Graham

Hmmm, Graham.

I wonder how my husband would respond to me referring to him as: "The husband"?

Real Name
    Wendy

Just beautiful Mark. I've slipped into my old bad habits again and tend to sleep in mornings. Thanks for reminding me what I'm missing.

BTW, welcome! it's good to see so many fellow Canadians popping up here lately.

Wendy

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Mark, this is one of those rare images that doesn't have a single clearly defined subject but it still works very well. Nice capture.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Viana View Post
    Hmmm, Graham.

I wonder how my husband would respond to me referring to him as: "The husband"?
    I'm sure she thinks of me in terms less endearing at times . I have no problem with 'the husband' and she has just said she has no problems with the term either (so we are good at least).

I did have a long discussion (a few decades ago) over the merits of 'the wife' versus 'my wife'. Never really got to a conclusion, I feel 'my wife' is too possessive and she is her own person. Plus it is general vernacular used when I was growing up (not an excuse to continue using it).
    Using her name, Angela, doesn't evoke the relationship without having to spell it out.

Do people find the term disparaging or negative? How should one refer to ones partner in an accurate, brief, clear manner? (The ABC of communication, usually two of the three can be together, rarely all three. Using Angela is accurate and brief, but for someone who doesn't know who she is, is not clear.)
    Graham
    (the husband, the bain of her life, the pain in her neck, the one who loves her mightily)

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Do people find the term disparaging or negative? How should one refer to ones partner in an accurate, brief, clear manner? ...)
    Graham

(the husband, the bain of her life, the pain in her neck, the one who loves her mightily)

The question was a bit tongue in cheek, Graham.

Depending on the culture, “The wife” could be one of several wives, young to older, and of course, it also denotes possessiveness.

In Japan the common vernacular for “the wife” translates into: “The old sow in the back room.” http://www.amazon.com/Old-Sow-Back-R.../dp/0719551730

A number of years ago, when purchasing property in a very backward region of the world—in the country that fancies itself number one in everything, “the wife” was literally only referred to on the paperwork as: “Wife.” No name–nothing! Chattel.

These days, on line they use acronyms like DW and DH, dear wife and dear husband, respectively.

I am feeling the generation gap.

Anyway, my DH has just made some coffee, the sun is shining, the snow has melted and the wind is no longer blowing. It is promising to be a great day.

No morning mist though.

Real Name
    Richard

Beaytiful shot! I wish that I had been there to see it but, this is the next best thing...

Real Name
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Do people find the term disparaging or negative?
    Nope, not at all

Wendy