Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Need a starting point.

Real Name
    Kori

Need a starting point.

My sister saw this picture that I took and wants me to try something similiar with her son's electric guitar - as a surprise for his birthday in a month.
    His guitar is Black - so I'm not sure what would be a good backdrop color, any angles, if I should use Aperature Priority, my flash???

I know I can take tons of pictures and change settings...I'm just looking for a starting point so I'm not there all day.

I'm going tomorrow - because he (the son) will be gone.....ummm it's Friday afternoon here.... this time change thing is tough!

As ALWAYS....any help - starting point- would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
    Thanks!
    Kori

Need a starting point.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Learning to work HDR and Layers

A guitar might be OK, but it is getting rather close to a violin - and we've warned you before about too much sax and violins around here!

Seriously though, "do a Google" on "Black" and "guitar" - click on the images tab - and take a look at what others have done as a source of inspiration perhaps? Photographing black things can be VERY tricky and lighting can be very critical. If you ever want to master lighting fundamentals, grab a copy of Light: Science and Magic ... it covers the type of thing that you're after in great depth.

Real Name
    Kori

Re: Need a starting point.

Colin:

Okay - so the guitar is cutting it close to the violins!

I'll google and see what I come up with. I'm sure "I" won't be as happy with the outcome of "whatever" turns out with this project..... but seeing he knows nothing about it...Nothing will be lost if it doesn't happen. But I will gain more practice!

I'll also check into that book!!!!

Thanks!

Kori

Re: Need a starting point.

See link below for a really cool image. I think a mono shot may be your best bet with this assignment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1042565...ol-653563@N25/