Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: X-Rite i1 Display Software for Apple Lion

Real Name
    John

X-Rite i1 Display Software for Apple Lion

X-Rite had ignored Apple's warning that they would eventually stop supporting legacy software. X-Rite has been promising an updated software for their i1 Display calibrators for months. It was supposed to be available in September. Today, the last day of the month, they sent out and email with a supposed link to a beta version of the new software. Unfortunately the link in the email goes nowhere. Are there any X-Rite display calibrator users in other countries that may have been provided a link to the new software that works? I have been waiting to calibrate this new iMac for months.

Thanks
    John

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: X-Rite i1 Display Software for Apple Lion

Not looking too promising

Real Name
    Ian

Sort of get the idea that they would like you to buy their latest compatible version.....or jump ship and go for a Spyder

Real Name
    John

Maybe they will get it done next week. They did offer an insignificant discount to upgrade but I really wasn't temped. Amazon and others still sell this model which is amazing to me since so many photographers and graphics artist use Macs. I am not sure what has taken them this long since they claim they are not rewriting the old software but just porting their current compatible software to recognize the i1 Display photo sensing head.

Oh well, enough of this junk. Back to photography.

John