Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tonights best

Real Name
    Steve

Tonights best

This time i used the same setup, only 3 halogen lights.(850 watts total reflecting off 2 white poster boards) 500 watts on the left, and 350 watts on the right, with flash camera mounted and set for 1/8 power shooting through a mesh screen to dampen it. Shot was from 5 feet away---iso 1250---f/4.5(only because i needed shutter speed)---1/800s

Getting closer to what i want. If i can get 1/1250s and f/8, i'll have about what i'm after.

Tonights best

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Tonights best

Hi Steve,

I think a slightly higher shutter speed would be beneficial (as you mention). Because the scene is purely reflective, I'd have no hesitation in going to ISO 1600; in theory you'll have LESS noise than ISO 1250 anyway (because of the way most cameras under-expose odd-ISO increments and then digitally adjust the exposure (which actually digitally adjusts both exposure and noise), and it'll help your shutterspeed.

If nothing else, it's worth trying.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Tonights best

Thanks for the feedback colin, i'll give it a try. I think if i shoot in the late morning again, i might get there. I also like the lighter background better. If i buy any more lights, i'll have to put up a power grid in the back yard ,to supply the power.

A fun challenge though. If i can get this part down, next year i want to set up a few props for them to drink out of.