Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I think I can, I think I can!!

Real Name
    Randy

I think I can, I think I can!!

Football season started and I went to a high school Jamboree last Friday. Just got done with a few shots and here's my fav's.

Real Name
    Mike

Re: I think I can, I think I can!!

Randy, which lens were you using on these?

Real Name
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Randy, which lens were you using on these?
    I used a nikon 70-200 f2.8

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I like the tight crop on the second one. Focuses our attention right in on the action. And good timing to get the tackler in mid-air.

As to the title, I think sports coaches would tell you that 'I think I can' is the wrong attitude and that you've got to go into action saying 'I know I can'. Many of the world's top sportsmen and women can come across as quite arrogant to others who don't have that hyper-focused 'win' attitude.

Real Name
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I like the tight crop on the second one. Focuses our attention right in on the action. And good timing to get the tackler in mid-air.

As to the title, I think sports coaches would tell you that 'I think I can' is the wrong attitude and that you've got to go into action saying 'I know I can'. Many of the world's top sportsmen and women can come across as quite arrogant to others who don't have that hyper-focused 'win' attitude.
    The I think I can is more for me than the athletes. This was a Jamboree, the field is split in half with two games played at the same time. Kinda like a half court basketball game. Its hard enough not getting run over at one game but with two going on. I think I can keep from getting killed
    You're right about the 'will win' not 'could win' attitude. My old coach used to say "there's winners and winers, which are you?".

Thanks Donald, and by the way I'm really enjoying your portrait tutorial and hope to post an image soon.

Randy
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 26th August 2011 at 06:30 PM.