Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bamboo Weave.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Bamboo Weave.

This is the top cover of a bamboo steamer. I tried a different procedure to do the focus stacking. I used Rob Marshall's recommendation to use the script method available in Photoshop CS5. This was made using 6 images stacked. The actual width of the bamboo material is about 1/2 inch. Thank you very much for viewing.

Bamboo Weave.

-----
    Nikon D70, 50mm lens attached to PK-13 extension ring, ISO 400, f/11 at 1/200 second.

Real Name
    Wayne

Re: Bamboo Weave.

A successful example of focus-stacking. You make me envious. I haven't ever tried stacking, but the idea intrigues me. Do you think it can be done in Photoshop Elements? And if so, how?

Real Name

I have no idea on what are the tools available with Photoshop Elements, Wayne. However, there are some freeware I think available on the net that can help you do focus stacking if it is not available in Elements. Thank you very much for viewing my work.
    Last edited by jiro; 4th August 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

A VERY sharp image, Willie. Nice!

By the way, when are you going to turn the helmet around so that we can see your face?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    A VERY sharp image, Willie. Nice!

By the way, when are you going to turn the helmet around so that we can see your face?
    Thanks, Frank. I am glad that I am slowly learning some of the stuff can be helpful to me in the future once I get a dedicated macro lens. I wonder when would that be? As for the avatar, I like it that way... unobtrusive, not wanting too much attention but watching... listening... learning.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    once I get a dedicated macro lens.
    WHAT!!! You don't have a macro lens and you are getting close up images that superb! Now I am envious. Are you really doing all that with just an extension ring? Impressive, to say the least.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    WHAT!!! You don't have a macro lens and you are getting close up images that superb! Now I am envious. Are you really doing all that with just an extension ring? Impressive, to say the least.
    Most definitely yes, it's all done using my 50mm lens coupled to a PK-13 extension ring. No tricks, just plain 2 gadgets and a lot of patience trying to see what I'm shooting with the dark viewfinder.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

That is a great shot. Been on this site for a few months and expect nothing less from you. I have no idea what havoc you could reek with a true macro lens!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by epmi314 View Post
    That is a great shot. Been on this site for a few months and expect nothing less from you. I have no idea what havoc you could reek with a true macro lens!
    Well, to be honest, probably not much more - it would just be easier for Willie

It is the photographer, not the kit, that makes an image and a good one will usually "find a way" - just needs an understanding of the principles, a bit of ingenuity and a lot of patience!

If I were wearing one, I'd take my hat off to you Willie, well done