Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed

Real Name
    james

"Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed

tv 1/800 av 9.0 iso 1600"Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed tv1/200 av5.6 iso 400"Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed tv1/200 av5.6 iso400"Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed "Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: "Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed

The images are beautiful, James. The problem is the watermark. The eye will always go to text first and return there, sometimes missing a great deal of the remainder of the image.

I must say though, you have a very nice sharp signature, an interesting font that is very easy to read.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

James

I'm not so keen on the pp treatment on #4 (but that's just personal prefeernce) and on #3 there looks like a 'dust bunny' above the lowest point of the curve between body and tail.

But I think you have nailed #1 and #2 wonderfully well. Good stuff.

Real Name
    Tommy

Before I say anything I'd first like to say how in awe I am of you for capturing such wonderful images.

I think to improve on them I'd add a noise reduction mask to the background, which I find is quite grainy due to the high'ish ISO used.

Other than that I think you can probably afford to drop the exposure by up to 1/2 stop as well. I agree with Donald about the PP on #4 but the other 3 are ok. i just think that with a bit of work you could have a real winner with #1

Good stuff!

Real Name
    Tommy

Here's a two-minute job in Photoshop. It's by no means perfect but you might get the idea of where I was going with this...

"Black chinned female" all c&c welcomed

You need someone like SteveS or Jiro to come and help you out with the PP on this one

Real Name
    james

Tommy I really like the way you borderd that shot. Would it be possible to border it like that with room for my name? I really need a lot of work on the pp side, I would just rather spend my time sitting behind my camera hoping a bird will fly in front of it. I will read up on noise reduction though because I keep finding myself cranking up the ISO. As always thank you Donald ,Frank,& Tommy I always appreciate the help. Ps Frank , I am working on the name.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Frank , I am working on the name.
    Hi James, those that attach a watermark to their image seem to favor putting the name in a border rather than on the image itself. Although the name can be a distraction to the viewer, you may want to consider your reasons for using it and decide if it is a necessary part of the images that you post for comment and criticism. It is tastfully done and pleasing to read so it is not a problem other than the distraction.